Official Nevada draw results thread

JasonWi

WKR
Struck out across the board, applied for a mix of archery and ML tags and not the top tier units. I'll have 9 points for deer, elk and antelope next year.

Ok, can we close this thread now so it goes away? It's depressing. I'm just going to go work on my list of things I could do with 10 years of NV application money.

jmcd22

WKR
Not all the time. My boys and I put in for 9 tags each. We chose 5 units for each animal. That's 135 opportunities. We drew one tag.

On the sheep tags we nearly all have max points. We didn't put in for all low odds units. We mixed it up. And still, we only drew one tag.

Our bonus point system is laughable. I know dozens of people with max bull points. My son drew his bull tag with 2 points. In 37 years I have drawn one bull tag here. He's 26 and this is his second bull tag.

I don't know if there's a solution, I'm just stunned by the outcome of the draw this year. It's getting crowded.

We've had good years where we drew three deer, three antelope and three cow elk. And we filled every tag. Luck of the draw.

Oh well, maybe next year...rant over

This is not directed towards you when I say this, Mark, but I just have to laugh to myself when I read this and think of all the people that apply here in Idaho or in New Mexico that whine and cry about not drawing tags and scream that they want a bonus point system. Having max points and STILL not able to draw is insane to me...but Mark, that truly stinks you only drew one tag between everyone. I hope you guys have a good hunt!

Mark

WKR
This is not directed towards you when I say this, Mark, but I just have to laugh to myself when I read this and think of all the people that apply here in Idaho or in New Mexico that whine and cry about not drawing tags and scream that they want a bonus point system. Having max points and STILL not able to draw is insane to me...but Mark, that truly stinks you only drew one tag between everyone. I hope you guys have a good hunt!

I've had good draw years and bad. What makes this year a little more bitter is I've missed the last two years due to health issues. Now that I'm healthy and able to hunt, I get blanked. Luck of the draw wasn't on my side this year. I can accept that. The real bonus for me is being out with my boys and spending time doing what we all enjoy together. We're a close family, all living within a mile of each other. That includes my parents as well.

The bonus point system here is ridiculous. I don't even know why they bother with it as it doesn't seem to have any real benefit. The system needs an overhaul and in my opinion should it should give those will high points a clear advantage. Obviously that's not the way it's set up today. It's just a random draw.

The elk hunt will be epic. It's an area that we've hunted for several years. There are plenty of elk to choose from and where we go there are no crowds. Fortunately, if we go a mile away from the roads, we're all alone. So we go two!

jmcd22

WKR
I've had good draw years and bad. What makes this year a little more bitter is I've missed the last two years due to health issues. Now that I'm healthy and able to hunt, I get blanked. Luck of the draw wasn't on my side this year. I can accept that. The real bonus for me is being out with my boys and spending time doing what we all enjoy together. We're a close family, all living within a mile of each other. That includes my parents as well.

The bonus point system here is ridiculous. I don't even know why they bother with it as it doesn't seem to have any real benefit. The system needs an overhaul and in my opinion should it should give those will high points a clear advantage. Obviously that's not the way it's set up today. It's just a random draw.

The elk hunt will be epic. It's an area that we've hunted for several years. There are plenty of elk to choose from and where we go there are no crowds. Fortunately, if we go a mile away from the roads, we're all alone. So we go two!

That is what it is all about! I hunt with my entire family as well and wouldn't trade it for anything! Good luck and keep us posted on your hunt!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

You could of drawn a tag with your points but your "CHOICE" was not to use them for those units. I understand your frustration but giving a clear advantage to top point holders smothers the future of hunting. Going away from 5 choices would be a good start. People should pick the unit they want to hunt instead of current strategy of applying for the best unit then. a couple of the good units and finally finishing by applying for a tag they think they can draw.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Zbot

WKR

You know how many people in other states wish they had what we do.....why ruin it?

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I have 11 points. Tried 192-194 late above Reno. No luck. Have a buddy with 22 elk points and didn't . We are both NR's. I drew my elk tag 3 years ago with 17 points.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know how many people in other states wish they had what we do.....why ruin it?

I gotta say, one thing Cali has right is there draw system. I wish we had it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
You could of drawn a tag with your points but your "CHOICE" was not to use them for those units. I understand your frustration but giving a clear advantage to top point holders smothers the future of hunting. Going away from 5 choices would be a good start. People should pick the unit they want to hunt instead of current strategy of applying for the best unit then. a couple of the good units and finally finishing by applying for a tag they think they can draw.

Not necessarily. With the bonus point system it just gives you more numbers in the hat, but it NEVER guarantees you're gonna draw a particular unit. Soon as I draw a deer tag in Nevada I'll be done with my contributions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mark

WKR

Our first and second choice on each of the seven species were not difficult to draw areas. They were "I really want this hunt" type of units. They were not low percentage draw units. The exception was the bull elk draw. We have one specific area that we target first every year.

Beendare

WKR
0 for me

No surprise really.....as even with 18 elk points i was under 2% chance in the units i wanted- looks like my window has passed on a good unit in nev