One man shelters

I am headed to Alaska in a couple months on a dall sheep hunt and would like to bring a shelter for myself. Trying to decide between the various options is tough, thinking about the big Agnes copper spur two man though, only weighs 3 pounds. I don't want to go much over that ideally. Let's hear some suggestions.

Slim Jim

WKR
I used to use the BA seed house sl1 and it worked well. It's only a little over two pounds but would not like to sit out bad weather in it. Which is why I purchased a GoLite shangri-la sl3. You could go the same route using the sl3 fly and bivy to keep weight down

blb078

WKR
I have a BA Flycreek UL 2 just under 3 pounds w/the footprint and steaks. It's perfect for one man plus gear, worked out well in some bad weather when I went camping this spring. Someone else on here had one up in AK and it worked for them. I think the only small issue they had was in very high winds the back(were your feet go) folded down, didn't effect the functionality said it was just a little annoying at times, when the winds calmed down it popped back up. The Copper Spur will probably work better in very bad winds though due to not being a single pole in the back like the Flycreek

phil

FNG
Ridge, I don't know how much ya wanna pay but I have a Terra Nova Solar Photon 2 that weighs 1 lb. 14.3oz. with Tigoat carbon poles. There is enough room for one and gear. phil

Bob

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at tents also, was thinking the BA Slater UL2+...why the copper spur over the slater? The slater is lighter, more floor space...

Just newbie curiosity...wondering what my inexperience is not seeing??

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Last year I took a Go Lite SL1 (should have went with a SL2 for the room in case of bad weather). I would probably go with the Imogene UL2 this time. Based on the weather last year, you do want something to stand up to the wind and rain. I would be curious what the AK people have to say. If you are using an outfitter (which I'm guessing you are), you might want to ask them for suggestions also.