Opinions on the Forbes Rifles

bard

Lil-Rokslider
looking into getting a new rig for sheep hunting. wondering if anyone on here has any experience or opinions on the new Forbes Rifles. thinking of trying the 07/08. it would be for sheep hunting in alberta so I don't need it for multi species hunts other than if a 6 point bull elk was on the mountain. Im a lefty but have always owned right handed rifles but thinking this would be the time to get a left handed rig because of the stock on the forbes. I see they should have the left handed stainless out by next season.

I've got a ULA Model 20 chambered in .308. This is my second season with it, and it has now taken down 3 whitetail deer and a cow elk. The rifle weighs 6lbs exactly with a 36mm Leupold VXIII. It is probably more accurate then I can shoot.

I got it second hand and Mr. Forbes was more then gracious to help me after I chipped the stock from banging it hard off a rock. I can say the rifle did not lose it's zero after that incident.

It was easy to take apart and reassemble the stock. Not sure I prefer the finish on the stock as it's like a fine sand paper texture. I guess to improve grip? It also has a Monte Carlo stock (protruding cheek plate), and I think they are all like that? I could be wrong, but you could probably shave a few ounces off if that wasn't a feature?

So far, so good but I would have expected that given the price tag...

Last edited:

Ridgetop

FNG
Talked with Rick at Forbes today,he said all their stocks have the cheek piece. I am right handed but left eye dominant so I shoot left handed, shooting a lefty rifle is awkward for me however. If I bought one I'd look into restocking it maybe. Anybody know what the stock actually weighs? Rick said 16 oz but NULAs website says 20 and I also read 24 oz somewhere.