Ordering a new truck

gbflyer

WKR
I have been through 2 dealerships now, with zero interest shown. I’d like to order a new Ram. I’ve checked all the dealer links I can find, what I want isn’t on a lot anywhere. The options I want are available according to their truck builder page.

Is there some reason that dealerships don’t want to submit a factory order? I’m well aware of supply chain issues and don’t mind waiting months if necessary. I’m in no hurry. What am
I missing? Anyone have a dealership in the Pacific Northwest they’d recommend? TIA.

WRO

WKR
I have been through 2 dealerships now, with zero interest shown. I’d like to order a new Ram. I’ve checked all the dealer links I can find, what I want isn’t on a lot anywhere. The options I want are available according to their truck builder page.

Is there some reason that dealerships don’t want to submit a factory order? I’m well aware of supply chain issues and don’t mind waiting months if necessary. I’m in no hurry. What am
I missing? Anyone have a dealership in the Pacific Northwest they’d recommend? TIA.
Dave Smith or Dennis Dillon

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Brooks

WKR
Me and my friend who has deep, deep pockets went to a dodge dealer about 6 months ago and looked at the new 1ton diesel single wheel pick ups. They didn’t have what he wanted so he asked to see a salesman, the sales rep comes out and talks for a few minutes, my buddy tells him what he wanted, he didn’t care about price, the guy says ok I’ll get on it. 4 weeks later he still hadn’t heard form the sales rep so he bought a 2022 Ford F-350 crew cab Platinum edition single wheel diesel $$$ from a dealer across town.

Same thing happened to me here in Alaska. Wanted to order a new Ram, zero interest shown while at multiple dealers. Isn't their job to "sell" vehicles? Got the feeling they were too confident I wouldn't buy from someone else. I now own a '21 GMC Sierra 3.0 Duramax.

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
Same thing happened to me here in Alaska. Wanted to order a new Ram, zero interest shown while at multiple dealers. Isn't their job to "sell" vehicles? Got the feeling they were too confident I wouldn't buy from someone else. I now own a '21 GMC Sierra 3.0 Duramax.

I am in AK too! The Juneau dealer (nearest I can get) has traditionally sucked anyway but at least they would call and lie to you. Now it’s nothing.

ShakeDown

WKR
I don’t know about Dodge but I just placed an order on a F250 Powerstroke at about 3k under MSRP. Pretty good in this market.

Ucsdryder

WKR
New vehicles are starting to trickle in. Especially Chrysler. If you can wait a couple months it’ll get easier and cheaper.

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
I don’t know about Dodge but I just placed an order on a F250 Powerstroke at about 3k under MSRP. Pretty good in this market.

I don’t think that is uncommon. I’m understanding that the manufacturers are putting pressure on dealerships for charging premiums, as in they aren’t going to get resupply if they keep it up.

Sounds like you found a solid dealer.

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same experience in the Denver area. I was (am still am) interested in the new Tundra. Reached out to a few dealers with limited to no response. I knew I would likely be making a deposit and waiting. But with the lack of response, I decided I didn't need to work that hard to spend that much money.

Bigger picture, it seems like customer service in general is dying. I don't know if it's me getting old (probably) or what, but it seems like people just don't care anymore. Now get off my lawn.

h2so4

WKR
I had the same experience in the Denver area. I was (am still am) interested in the new Tundra. Reached out to a few dealers with limited to no response. I knew I would likely be making a deposit and waiting. But with the lack of response, I decided I didn't need to work that hard to spend that much money.

Bigger picture, it seems like customer service in general is dying. I don't know if it's me getting old (probably) or what, but it seems like people just don't care anymore. Now get off my lawn.
I'm in Denver and had similar experience with Ford. I just ordered a F150 from Granger Ford in IA. It'll be a 1 day drive home, but I got it for 3% UNDER INVOICE. Everywhere in Denver was MSRP. They might deal down a little, but nothing close to that under invoice price.

Titan_Bow

WKR

I bought a new 4Runner last year from Mountain States. I got a great deal and it was probably the easiest and most pleasant car buying experience I’d ever had. I would definitely do business with them again. I’m not saying they are perfect and I’ve only had the one experience with them. But I will say when I was in there, they were selling cars, taking pictures of new owners with their salesmen, etc. the place was hustle and bustle. Compare that to Larry H. Miller where there was no one in there even looking at cars and the salesmen didn’t even seem like they wanted to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to order a new Ram about a month ago and the dealer was very willing, but I had to surrender my trade the day of ordering. I had to pass.

h2so4

WKR
I wanted to order a new Ram about a month ago and the dealer was very willing, but I had to surrender my trade the day of ordering. I had to pass.
wow- that is rough. Kind of shady dealer. I'm sure others would have been more than happy to take the order. Especially if it wasn't an amazing price.

wow- that is rough. Kind of shady dealer. I'm sure others would have been more than happy to take the order. Especially if it wasn't an amazing price.
I had a nice trade still under warranty and they wanted to take advantage the hot used market. I give them the truck as a down payment and wait who knows how long for the new one. I'd have ordered if I could have kept my truck till delivery of the new one.

To the OP- Out of state and non local to you dealers probably aren’t responding to you because you’re calling them from outside their market area. Look at it from their perspective- they’re selling every single new one they can get their hands on to people in their market area. No reason for them to sell it to a guy multiple states away. They probably won’t get your service business, your trade in or sell you another truck once all this craziness ends vs a local buyer that they have a shot at getting all of those things.

Not defending them at all, just stating what they’re probably thinking. Been in the car business since 2003. This is the craziest times ever. Good luck.

I'm in Denver and had similar experience with Ford. I just ordered a F150 from Granger Ford in IA. It'll be a 1 day drive home, but I got it for 3% UNDER INVOICE. Everywhere in Denver was MSRP. They might deal down a little, but nothing close to that under invoice price.

Word is out about that dealer. I'm in Denver and likely doing the same sometime next week.