Ordering a new truck

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
To the OP- Out of state and non local to you dealers probably aren’t responding to you because you’re calling them from outside their market area. Look at it from their perspective- they’re selling every single new one they can get their hands on to people in their market area. No reason for them to sell it to a guy multiple states away. They probably won’t get your service business, your trade in or sell you another truck once all this craziness ends vs a local buyer that they have a shot at getting all of those things.

Not defending them at all, just stating what they’re probably thinking. Been in the car business since 2003. This is the craziest times ever. Good luck.

Thank you for your honesty. It makes sense. I am the worst kind of customer, I don’t finance or trade.

I did just get a call from Dave Smith while I was pecking this out. They are willing and able sounds like. Feller told
me there are no dealer allotments right now with Ram, it’s all about ordering or what’s in stock. We’ll see.

tony

WKR
I bought a Ford Ranger back in November, wanted the Tremor package. Looked and looked, only place I could find them was Lexington, Ky. Got on a facebook ranger page and someone mentioned a dealer in Summersville WV about 2.5 hours from me. Dealer never popped up on any search I did anywhere.
Anyway, they had 4 tremors. Truck window sticker was cheaper than the Ford site build page. Never did figure that one out. Got $1500.00 off the sticker.

Deals are out there just have to hunt them down.

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
2 phone calls and 3 emails and my new truck is ordered from Dave Smith. Should have asked here to start with.

golfbum

WKR
2 phone calls and 3 emails and my new truck is ordered from Dave Smith. Should have asked here to start with.
Congrats! What did you order and what was the deposit and are they giving any deals?

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
$1000 deposit about 5 months out on delivery. Basically sticker price. Any qualifying rebates at the time of delivery are available to you. I guess that’s a bit of a gamble. It’s just a basic 1/2 ton 4x4. I wanted the small engine, longer bed, the right gears, winter interior package and remote start. Seems like everything on dealer lots is either rope - start or Benz. Nothing in between.

I had the same experience in the Denver area. I was (am still am) interested in the new Tundra. Reached out to a few dealers with limited to no response. I knew I would likely be making a deposit and waiting. But with the lack of response, I decided I didn't need to work that hard to spend that much money.

Bigger picture, it seems like customer service in general is dying. I don't know if it's me getting old (probably) or what, but it seems like people just don't care anymore. Now get off my lawn.
Look up the sales team on the website. Email the lowest ranking sales person. They will be delighted to make a sale, even if it is an order.

Milzler13

FNG
I would check out robideux motors. I know they are not a ram dealership but they seem to have better prices than Dave Smith. I ordered a gmc from them and had zero issues. Good luck!

Big_O_86

FNG
Fleet manager here. Due to shortages and many fleets/dealerships panic buying and the fact that factories are so far behind. The manufacturers generally are not accepting "custom orders" they are just fulfilling existing orders and then producing anything else they can. No end in sight. GM order banks closed 2 days after opening. I had 4 Ford F-250's cancelled.

Fullfan

WKR
If you are looking for a HD Ram. Kernersville Dodge always has 400-500 each 3/4 and One ton trucks. And they will deliver

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
Fleet manager here. Due to shortages and many fleets/dealerships panic buying and the fact that factories are so far behind. The manufacturers generally are not accepting "custom orders" they are just fulfilling existing orders and then producing anything else they can. No end in sight. GM order banks closed 2 days after opening. I had 4 Ford F-250's cancelled.

That’s great insight. Thank you. I guess we will see if there is any advantage to ordering from the “largest Ram dealer in the world”, hahaha. I haven’t heard anything to indicate the order is canceled, we were told it would be radio silence for about a month.

I have had an excavator ordered since July of last year. It gets to the dealer next week. Hopefully they sent it with a cab and tracks. The dealer says 2 years on a stock order. I can make $10K on this machine tomorrow without touching it. Should have ordered 3 of them.

Ford has made pretty well known fleet orders are not getting priority...been that way since I ordered my F250 last Feb. Their priority is retail orders on Lariat and above packages...makes sense thats where they make the most money..I orderd 2/19 took deliver 8/1...F250 Lariat Ultimate, blacked out, with Termor package 7.3, between xplan and the PCO they sent me I was 10K under msrp so I didn't mind the wait.

Only issue with ordering one is the dealer is not helpful...they want you to walk away so when the truck comes I they can sell it 10k over MSRP.

Marble

WKR
We've been waiting for two F350s since September, maybe earlier. Was told delivery would occur the end of first quarter.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk