PA elk

That's awesome. I don't have anything to share aside from good luck with the planning and keep us all posted!

Wworker

FNG
I just got a call I drew a Cow tag zone 4. I’m pumped up. South of Emporium and west to Hicks run. I’m looking at maps now to get public access and availability. It looks good for availability. Any info is greatly appreciated. I’ll be staying at my camp, it’s about 15 miles north of Emporium.

Congratulations!!

I didn't get a call, so I guess I'll be looking forward to next year's drawing.

OP
TonySkyline
When do they post the draw results?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TonySkyline
Well I didn't get a call but may have used my work cell which is broke right now. Good luck to everyone that draws and most importantly, keep is all posted. I would love to see pics of the landscape and terrain. I still cant imagine hunting elk in PA, haha

I agree that if you draw a bull tag, spend the money to hire a local guide. Its a once in a lifetime tag for sure. Plus, having help retrieving it makes life that much easier as some of those areas are remote with steep mountains. I hunt deer and bear in that part of the state.

PMcGee, I live near your town. Maybe we can get together one day for a chat.

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
y father and I are applying this year. I heard somewhere that 15% of the tags are first year applicants? Not sure if that’s true, but I’ll keep applying until I get the tag. Maybe drag my cousins with me for the experience/pack out.

Quackshack

Lil-Rokslider
I heard somewhere that 15% of the tags are first year applicants? Not sure if that’s true, but I’ll keep applying until I get the tag.

Pa has a "bonus point" system. The first year you apply, your name is in the "bucket" once. For every unsuccessful year, you have an extra name in the bucket. Nobody- resident, nonresident, 1st year, Male, female, has any better chance than anyone else. I believe the rifle draw started in 2001. There are tons of folks with 20 bonus points this year. Many will never draw in their lifetime.

Dont get me wrong, I apply too, but it really is a lottery ticket.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
Pa has a "bonus point" system. The first year you apply, your name is in the "bucket" once. For every unsuccessful year, you have an extra name in the bucket. Nobody- resident, nonresident, 1st year, Male, female, has any better chance than anyone else. I believe the rifle draw started in 2001. There are tons of folks with 20 bonus points this year. Many will never draw in their lifetime.

Dont get me wrong, I apply too, but it really is a lottery ticket.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Worth a shot! Maybe they’ll issue more tags one day. Who knows.

Getting meat home from out west isn’t that expensive. Fly it home on the plane with you. I’d rather drive out west (yes it’s long) but you have no added cost getting meat home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thankfully the Army got me used to long drives to go home or anywhere, so the drive from PA to the Rockies is okay

Would kill or do some heinous stuff for a PA elk tag lol

Daaaammnnn. So scummy to do that to people on the draw. Well they say, it's not who ya know but who ya bl@w. I'm sure the father knew someone who was a friend of a friend. Lol. Yeah they need a new way to do the draw. Everyone should get sent a number before the draw and it should be drawn immediately after without showing any names.

Like I said would do some wild stuff for a PA Elk Tag lol

elkyinzer

WKR
Yinz oughta see some of the madness up there in shed szn. It's nuts. I try to go up once every couple years just to observe humanity at its finest.

I've only been applying since they started up the archery season. Just never interested me but if I'm ever lucky enough to draw that tag in the rut I'll be jazzed.

Yinz oughta see some of the madness up there in shed szn. It's nuts. I try to go up once every couple years just to observe humanity at its finest.

I've only been applying since they started up the archery season. Just never interested me but if I'm ever lucky enough to draw that tag in the rut I'll be jazzed.

Plan to this year out in the public area.... from the sounds of your comment, might bring a war club lol

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
Shed hunting there is a joke. Every remote food plot in the elk range will have tire tracks all around it when the bulls are dropping. I am certain the game commission and the DCNR employees have first crack at the sheds once they hit the ground. I have put a ton of miles on my boots looking for them and only found one. That one was found while deer hunting.

Shed hunting there is a joke. Every remote food plot in the elk range will have tire tracks all around it when the bulls are dropping. I am certain the game commission and the DCNR employees have first crack at the sheds once they hit the ground. I have put a ton of miles on my boots looking for them and only found one. That one was found while deer hunting.

Worst comes to worst, I get to ruck in elk country, nothing better brother

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
That's basically my goal too when in comes to shed hunting there. I am really out hiking and learning new ground. If I find a shed, it will be a bonus. It is pretty competitive in that area when the bulls are dropping. I could not believe how many people were out last year looking. I see less people hunting that area.