PA Elk License

Just wondering if anyone on the here drew a PA Elk tag this year? I live pretty local to the elk hunt areas and I always find it interesting to see what turns up.

RMM

WKR
You see the pictures of the KECA and governors tag bull? I think the KECA bull went like 446+-

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
0 for 15 years trying and I put in for all seasons. Odds are ridiculously tough.

Floater00

Lil-Rokslider
My brother drew a General Rifle bull tag. We live in NEPA and are beyond excited to be heading "west" for an elk hunt this fall.

Floater00

Lil-Rokslider
We're going with an outfitter. Zone 9 is mostly private, and the outfitters already have access arranged.

RMM

WKR
Zone 9, which isn't the best. Doesn't dampen our excitement though!
It sure isn't, I had a cow tag for 9 back in 2018. Theres one chunk of public up on top of a mountain, locals call it the top of the world. Beautiful views. There was a turnip plot on that chunk in 2018 and there was elk sign everywhere, but they had vacated the area before the season. You going with Elk County?

Floater00

Lil-Rokslider
Going with Trophy Rack Lodge. Spoke with ECO and they seemed good too, but my brother just kinda vibed with TRL guys.

I've been applying for the past 8 or so years. I have been applying for the archery and late season since they introduced it. A relative and his son both drew over the past 7 or 8 years. I'll be lucky if it ever happens.

OP
T
Probably a good choice to use an outfitter in that area. Don’t be surprised if they check out the open zones. Most of the outfitters have multiple people keeping an eye on the herds in most of the locations and with the private access issues and basically a once in a lifetime tag it’s worth the money if you aren’t local

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Going with Trophy Rack Lodge. Spoke with ECO and they seemed good too, but my brother just kinda vibed with TRL guys.
Congrats to your brother on the tag. Vicci and Larry have a place a few places down from mine. I have not heard a bad thing about TRL! Goodluck and keep up updated on your hunt.

Have you guys went up scouting at all with them?

Floater00

Lil-Rokslider
We won't be able to get out to scout until a couple days before the season starts. I'll def share the hunt story here!

RMM

WKR
TRL has been very successful, especially over the last few seasons. Zone 9 seems to be boom or bust. There literally were no elk in the zone all week besides two spikes in 2018. Thursday, they started showing up. The other guy hunting with ECO had a bull tag and killed a 399" stud on the last day down by the river on a piece of private. The landowner historically didn't give permission for people to hunt, but apparently this particular bull had destroyed their satellite in their yard a few times.