pa gunsmith

ZMax62

FNG
Probably 15 years ago their was a gunsmith in pa that made a butt pad that had springs in it . Looked through all my old hunting magazine and could not find his add again to see if he was still in business . He advertised butt plate and muzzle brake on a 300 win mag would shoot like a 243 any help would be great . Thanks Rob

OP
Z

ZMax62

FNG
I just figured it out found a receipt i had put away . The business was called Answer products in michigan . When i goggled it all kinds of information came up in 2015 chat rooms . They are out of business . The reason i was looking the butt plate they put on has melted into jelly in the gun cabinet . I dont think they were spring but something else maybe with some type of oil .going to tear it apart and find out .When i sent them my browning 338 before they did any work i could shoot like 3 rounds and 3 days latter i could still fell the recoil . after they did the muzzle brake and pad .They also hand lapped the barrel so they suggested i re brake in the barrel i shot a whole box of ammo that day and never felt like i shot the riffle at all . What a great system it was .