Pac It Lite Hammocks

So over the last few years i have been thinking about switching from my single man tent to a hammock. Granted i dont expect to save any weight with this move, what i am hoping for is better sleep. Not going to lie i have a great tent and pad and still sleep like crap, constantly spinning and moving, various parts of my body going numb in so forth. Either way a co-worker has been talking up hammocks a lot lately, he even got rid of his car camping set up for Tentsile hammock.

In my searches i have come across several hammocks from Clark to Hennessy but i stumbled across Pac It Lite Hammocks. Seems like the best of all worlds, and cheaper then the Clarks. Was wondering if anyone has made the switch from tents to hammocks and if any one has experience with these sets ups..was looking at the FOB model..COLD WEATHER CAMP HAMMOCKS BY PAK-IT-LITE.LLC

No experience with that Hammock. I use a a nder quilt and top quilt in a Dutch gear 11 foot hammock. I've owned a bunch and made even more. I like the Dutch hammock because ot was cheap and it had the length I needed to get a really good diagonal lay. By far the two most important things you need to consider when choosing your hammock is to make sure you get material rated for your weight and, to make sure you get one long enough.

If you are one of those guys that can get a super light hammock because you weigh a 150 pounds, good for you. Your hammock will weigh 8 ounces. If not, get the hammock material rated for your weight so it does not stretch. A stretching hammock is a recipe for a lousy nights sleep. I learned that the hard way

Also, a shorter hammock males getting your perfect lay more difficult. It makes side sleeping harder. It will be tempting to go short due to weight and convenience. However, if you are over 5'6" tll, I'd go no shorter than a 10 footer. Once you break 6', nothing shorter than a 11 footer. I'm only 5"9" and I run an 11 footer. Gives me tons of room and the ability to sleep on my side, my stomach, and get the PERFECT diagonal lay.

Go strong material and go long length. The quilts are a given. Your tarp is a given. You are going to love this. God Bless

WV Dan

FNG
I'd add one more style of hammock to consider if I were you. I've been hammocking for several years now and I find a bridge style hammock the most comfortable for me. Mine is a Warbonnet ridge runner and I can't begin to explain how comfortable it is for me. I'm 6' tall and have had several gathered end hammocks (actually made a few) that would work OK but I couldn't get a complete nights sleep until I tried a bridge. I'm a side sleeper and I can honestly say I sleep as well in mine as I do at home in bed. It's kind of like getting your pack rig just right or clothing system perfected. Dozens of things to sort out before you dial in your particular kit but I thought I'd add my experiences.