Pack store in WA

Thehoss08

FNG
Hey everyone,

New to the backpack hunting game and my head is spinning with all the pack options being presented amidst this wealth of knowledge. Is there a good store in western Washington that has a breadth of brands I can get my hands on to check these packs out? From what I’m reading, Kifaru, Exo, SG, and MR are what everyone is recommending, just don’t know where to try one on. Thanks!

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
Bobs sporting goods in Longview has stone glacier and if you go across the bridge into rainier Oregon XxX archery carries Kifaru. Kinda of a drive for you but I’m not aware of any up north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the top tier packs are direct to consumer.
Pretty sure exo has a 30 day Money back.
I'd search thru threads and see if any other members near you have one you can check out.

There all pretty dang good
Kifaru Exo and SG
I'd just pick the layout you think will work best for you.

slvrslngr

WKR
There’s also a REI in Bellingham. You don’t need a hunting specific pack to hunt with. I use a 30 year old Jaand mountaineering pack.

OP
Thehoss08

Thehoss08

FNG
What are the pros/cons of packing out meat internal to the bag vs external in between the frame and bag within the context of a daily revisit to my truck/camp. I’ve seen it done both ways in videos and research on here and for different packs. What I know:

1. Use game bags (though I’m not entirely sure why that’s so critical if I’m hauling the animal out day of or day after and it will go straight to my cutting board and freezer.

2. If I load it internally, I’ll have to have enough room for what I bring into the woods (which will be minimal) and a load of meat.

3. I feel like I want a bigger bag so I can go on longer duration hunts in the back country, but I could always expand into that size later, have a smaller bag now for day hunts and pack out the meat externally to it.

OP
Thehoss08

Thehoss08

FNG
Any opinions on the MR Popup? That connection of the popup mechanism in the frame reliable? Can you put a bigger bag on it for longer duration hunts than just a day hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackelope

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a 26” Hunting duplex kifaru with a Tahr in the Bellevue area if you want to check it out. It’s a bit of a drive but if you’re headed south, you’re welcome to try it out.

OP
Thehoss08

Thehoss08

FNG
Appreciate the heads up. I set foot in one down in Florida a few years back and instantly knew I was in the wrong place. Didn’t seem like a damn thing there was worth the price tag either