Pants for those who don’t skip leg day

LongCut

FNG
Kuiu Attack pants. My calves are gigantic, so I have a tough time finding pants that fit my waist, thighs, and calves. I got these in a size bigger than my normal size. They are extremely comfortable, seem pretty damn durable, have great pockets, come in solids, and retail for around $130ish if I remember right.

I have tons of other pants: 5.11, propper, vertyx, you name it.

I love these attack pants. I cant speak for some of the others, but these are great.

Cwillimon

FNG
I had this same issue and took a chance with the kuiu attack pants and have been pleased. I sized up and haven’t had a problem. 6’0 215

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
I am an avid cyclist, hear you about the leg issue.

5.11 Ridgeline or apex. Ridgeline has rip stop sewing but no cargo pockets. Apex is lighter, more stretch with cargo pockets.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Duluth pants complete seize up on my quads and Glutes and are very boxy in shape. I have several pairs and almost never wear them for the above reason with the exception of a flannel lines pair I’ll wear on the coldest days, but bending over in them is a task.

Men's DuluthFlex Fire Hose Relaxed Fit 5-Pocket Pants

I agree with Poser regarding the Duluth original Fire Hose pant but the Flex Fire Hose Relaxed Fit mentioned by TxxAgg are totally different and very comfortable. I wear the relaxed fit Foreman style most of the time but they have other cargo pocket configurations.

I still wear the old uncomfortable originals when I mow and I can't believe they are from the same company as the Flex models.

LongCut

FNG
I dont have any ridgelines, but I do have the APEX. loved my 5.11 Stryke pants until I got the APEX. They are excellent pants. Thin, light, and extremely comfortable, but I am not sure they would stand up to trudging through the woods/thickets. Pockets are great too. Not sure about the cost (because I usually get mine for the price of "on the house") but I am guessing under $100.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Kuhl. I own a dozen + pairs. Articulated knees and multi panels around the quads. They are generally designed for athletes with proportionally larger quads.

Duluth pants complete seize up on my quads and Glutes and are very boxy in shape. I have several pairs and almost never wear them for the above reason with the exception of a flannel lines pair I’ll wear on the coldest days, but bending over in them is a task.
Sounds like you bought the slim fit pants from Duluth, they make 3 different styles and the relaxed fit ones are huge

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don’t skip leg day
FL obsidian for thighs and butt comfort and flexibility. Only drawback for early seasons heat is having merino wool blend with rip stop. They hold up well to the abuse I put them through. Athletic fit and I use them for early season elk. I have 34” waist and bought lg size. Have enough room for base layers during colder months as well. I’m going to also check out the votes for the Prana.

S.Clancy

WKR
I have some Rab Vector pants that are awesome for cooler temps, like 15-50 F. As for hot weather I either am forced into the "yoga pants with pockets" phenomenon or some ancient Patagonia nerd pants (zip off). Waist 31-32", hip 40" ish. I've seriously considered stopping squatting so I can buy pants easier, good luck

OP
Ironman8

Ironman8

WKR
Thanks again for all the replies and suggestions here guys.

Out of the hunting brands, the Stone Glacier look most interesting to me with the adjustable waist and I like that the cargo pockets are situated more to the front than the side. I may check those out. May also try the Kuiu Attacks in 34” waist. I tried my hunting partners in 32” and it just didn’t work in the thighs and butt. Waist wasn’t bad though. I could probably get the waist tailored on the 34” and still be less cost than the SG and other options.

I’ll also check out some of the Kuhl options mentioned, but since my requirement includes functional cargo pockets, that excludes some models as well as the Prana Zions.

I actually have a pair of the 5.11 Apex pants and wore them a couple years ago. They’re a little tight on my thighs still but with the built in stretch aren’t bad. Only problem is that they have cotton woven in and don’t dry as quick.

There’s actually a “combat pant” that I’ve been eyeing that I may pick up and try as well.

Piranha37

FNG
I also have formidable legs and have the same issue. As some have said, Prana Stretch Zion work for me, although I still upsize one size. The first lite pants have always fit me true to size though. The new currogate foundry seemed right when I ordered my waist size, but when you wear them I feel no restrictions, so they stretch well but aren’t as baggy as the original currogates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I feel First Lite Corrugate Guide's excel at this. I squat and deadlift so I have decent sized thighs and these fit excellent. They're stretchy and have a very nice taper to them. Some have described them as Hammer pants, and while they're not nearly that extreme, they do have a larger cut in the thighs while also not being a baggy mess down at the bottom. The cargo pockets work very well also.

Prana Zions work well for me(up 1 size waist) way better than my sitka pants. Guess this is the curse of heavy squats and deads.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Just ordered some sts pants from LA Police gear. Stretchy in the crotch and rear with ripstop everywhere else, tons of pockets but not baggy pockets. Lots of good reviews online and my boss has nothing but good things to say. Very interested to see if they live up to the hype.