Paper Tune Question

LWPost

FNG
So, I've been shooting a broadhead (slick trick) through two different arrow setups this setup with good success. Then, out of the blue they started hitting 4" left at 20yds a week ago. I shot through paper and was getting field point hole about 1.5" left of fletchings.

Any ideas what might cause my tune/broadhead shooting to become off randomly?

I shoot a VXR 28 lefty.

wayoh22

WKR
I'd check two things off the top of my head

Also what's the full setup of your bow?

1. Vane contact - maybe your nocks rotated

2. Rest Timing

Last edited:
OP
L

LWPost

FNG
VXR 28. Lefty. Also, I'm currently shooting a whisker, if that may have an impact

HuntWyld

WKR
That much of a knock right tear is likely indicative of your rest being bumped off of center shot

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
I always say to mark things. It could be rest, could be timing, etc those are prob good first guesses but if you had it marked you’d know what moved and exactly where to pul it in. Mark everything

slowyota

FNG
Other item to call out is hand torque - did you recently change how you're gripping the bow?

A left tear for a left handed archer will be corrected by moving the arrow rest away from the riser.

As a side note - I'd ditch the whisker biscuit and move to a true drop away arrow rest.

OP
L

LWPost

FNG
Drop away is certainly my next upgrade, but figured why switch if I was happy with my $40 rest... I'm going to measure rest this afternoon and maybe move. No on the hand torque, and I confirmed with three shots with three arrows.

OR Archer

WKR
How are the bristles on your rest? If those are worn and tattered it’ll definitely affect your POI. That’s the one thing with the WB is that the bristles are constantly changing and so will your tune.

Reactions: Zac
OP
L

LWPost

FNG
How are the bristles on your rest? If those are worn and tattered it’ll definitely affect your POI. That’s the one thing with the WB is that the bristles are constantly changing and so will your tune.
bristles aren't clean at all. But they've been like that for some time (and had shot BHs well), so still pretty confused. Hoping it's just the rest out of center

ia bhtr

FNG
If it was mine , just to rule tune in or out of the equation , I would do a quick broadhead tune , rest couldve moved - contact issue etc . but if you get your broadheads and field points hitting together at your MER , that should get everything back where it should be and clean up the issues you are seeing , quick and easy to do

and as mentioned previously , couldve just finally got a worn spot in the bristles

Zac

WKR
If it was mine , just to rule tune in or out of the equation , I would do a quick broadhead tune , rest couldve moved - contact issue etc . but if you get your broadheads and field points hitting together at your MER , that should get everything back where it should be and clean up the issues you are seeing , quick and easy to do

and as mentioned previously , couldve just finally got a worn spot in the bristles
Just put a Hamskea Primer on there. That will solve all your problems. I've never trusted those plastic rests.