PEAX SOLITUDE 4 TIPI GIVEAWAY

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
It looks very well built and a tank. I ran a bivy and switched over to a freestanding tent just for the room. I often thought how nice it would be to stand up. Love the cross member design.

Can you pack the shelter with the floor attached or is it recommended you pack separately?

OP
peax_equip

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Another +1 for the cross bars! Great looking tent! Are there any videos of it pitched in a sustained windstorm? Thanks for the opportunity for the giveaway!
If you follow Ryan Lampers you'll see that he and Chiam took it on a late season mule deer hunt last year and it had some pretty gnarly wind and snow.

OP
peax_equip

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
It looks very well built and a tank. I ran a bivy and switched over to a freestanding tent just for the room. I often thought how nice it would be to stand up. Love the cross member design.

Can you pack the shelter with the floor attached or is it recommended you pack separately?
Lots' of guys just keep the floor attached and stuff them into a separate compression sack together.

pretty awesome idea for the trekking poles in the center for hanging wet gear up. looks like a pretty sweet tent. After I win the tent there are a couple places I am looking forward to setting it up :)

Huntin_GI

WKR
I've got a similar tipi made of 20D Silnylon. Moisture sag drives me insane. If this thing sits in a rain storm for 3-4 days, should I expect some significant sag? I see the "coating" jargon but in my experience, silnylon can act like a sponge.

As a tall guy, I like the height of the tipi. It always bothers me changing or doing most anything inside most normal height tents.

Primal-Understanding

Lil-Rokslider
I am very much interested in the Solitude TIPI.

My current backcountry setup is quite similar (Seek Cimarron) but the PEAX seems to offer a few improvements without much sacrifice through weight or space. Namely, the Solitude provides more livable space as it is more upright than a 'traditional' tipi, this is largely due to the amount of guy-out points and the introduction of trekking poles at the top-end.

Additionally, the overall height of 80" is about 8" taller than the competitor, which is great because when you are in the tipi is not very nice to be able to stand up (although this benefit is somewhat mitigated by the gear shelf and trekking poles - won't actually be able to stand when using those).

Lastly, I think I like the set up for the doors/ stove on this shelter better than the Cimarron. The Cimarron has double doors on both ends, but with a half nest installed, you only have access to one door on each side, and your stove must be used on the adjacent side. This really eliminates a lot of space in the tipi for gear and forces one person to be closer to the stove while the other is further away. However, with the Solitude, the stove sits directly in the middle of the tipi which allows two individuals to both lay close to the stove and doesn't seem to hinder gear storage whatsoever. I will be interested to see what the forecasted PEAX half/ full nest looks like, how they affect the doors, and how the stove interacts with that system.

Hopefully I win this, so I can test the two tipis side by side :)

Los4212

FNG
I enjoy the door design, centrally located stove segment/jack (my SO 6 man turns a bit problematic when trying to run a half nest), and the trekking pole hangers in the middle. I also have to assume this would add an extra level of stability in high wind conditions? Not that I've had any issues with just a carbon center pole when staked and guyed out properly, but just a thought. I'm very interested in this as a happy medium between my 6 man, and my silex.

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good, how do you deal with bugs in something like this? Use something else if they're too bad?

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
Really nice tent and price point.
Looks as though you have a winner.
Being able to dry out your wet gear in the back country is a real confidence builder in staying out and being able to continue your hunt.

I like the stabilization at the top as well as the ability to dry clothes out on them when using the stove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk