Peep alignment issues

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t tried a shorter draw length, but that is certainly worth a try. I feel 28” fits me well, but maybe not.

Zac

WKR
I had this exact same problem, eventually I gave it up and went with a kisser, as long as I stick with one release I am really surprised at how accurate it is.

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had this exact same problem, eventually I gave it up and went with a kisser, as long as I stick with one release I am really surprised at how accurate it is.
I’ve been at work the last 5 days, I’m going to work on my grip tonight and see if that helps.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is 99% a fitting issue based on what you have explained.

If it’s not sorted out soon, call me and I will help you with it. Your bow needs to be fit to you better and that will get your peep in line to where you can see through it.

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Then you are torquing the grip. There is a big difference between a relaxed hand and an open hand with fingers extended.

Your grip should be on the thumb pad, index finger and second finger should be relaxed and resting lightly on the front of the grip. Third and fourth finger should be relaxed and lightly touching the palm.

View attachment 113388
I changed up my grip slightly and tried to replicate the grip jmez shows here and it did help. I could mostly see the entirety of my sight ring most of the time. It was a huge improvement but, I still feel like I’m fighting to see it (left hand side of the ring) and I need to get more comfortable with the change in grip. Still shooting decent and if I miss a buck this season this won’t be why but it still drives me nuts.

Brendan

WKR
Where is centershot at on your bow? Any chance it's out of whack requiring sight to be out of normal range?

Agree with everyone else, setup issue or a torque/form issue.

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Where is centershot at on your bow? Any chance it's out of whack requiring sight to be out of normal range?

Agree with everyone else, setup issue or a torque/form issue.
Center shot is at 13/16”

id say its a head position issue/DL too long. I can grab my old ladies Eva shockey at a 26 draw and anchor in a way to see the whole sight picture. Same with any other bow i pick up unless the peep is way lower than my anchor point or the draw length is way too long (2"+)
I shoot a 28" bow and 3/16 peep and a MBG slider with a 4" dovetail allows me to see the whole site ring as well.
(have shot this setup with bows from 30ATA to 36ATA)

If its too long and your pushing your head back to see through the peep then on a right handed bow there a chance its cutting off the left side of the site picture. A photo a full draw would probably get your sorted out on here pretty quick.

Also like stated above, if your peep is twisted even an 1/8 of a turn it will make a difference on site clarity.

id say its a head position issue/DL too long....
If its too long and your pushing your head back to see through the peep then on a right handed bow there a chance its cutting off the left side of the site picture. A photo a full draw would probably get your sorted out on here pretty quick....
Also like stated above, if your peep is twisted even an 1/8 of a turn it will make a difference on site clarity.

Exactly. I thought he could be over drawn, rendering his eye position ever so slightly misaligned relative to the peep. Like his eye isn’t concentric with the peep, particularly if this is a new occurrence, meaning it’s not an eye issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk