permethrin concentrate?

Brendan

WKR
Almost. Since 1 oz is 10% permethrin, you need 19 more oz of water to get to .5%. Here’s the math:

1 oz x 10%
—————— = .5%
1 oz + 19 oz

Regards,
Scott
Brain fart. 1.5 gallons is .05% - decimal points matter :D

sab

Lil-Rokslider
Don't feel bad, Brendan, it happens to the best of us. I remember in the late 90s, NASA lost a Mars orbiter because one team used U.S. units and the other team used metric units, and when they shared their data, they didn't include the units. Doh!

In 30 years of practicing engineering, I've made some doozies, but that NASA one puts all mine combined into the negligible column!

Regards,
Scott

So are we all in agreement 1oz or permethrin and 20oz if water? lol

I'm bad at math too so just double checking.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

sab

Lil-Rokslider
HonkeyMcGee88 - If you're starting with 10% solution (by volume) and you want .5% solution (by volume), you'd mix 1 oz of the 10% with 19 oz of water. That yields a 0.5% solution.

Also, I've been buying my 10% at Tractor Supply for years and down-mixing. The stuff at Tractor Supply does smell badly at first application, but the smell goes away pretty quickly once it dries and "off-gases". I don't know exactly how many washings it lasts, but I will tell you this. Where I live, ticks aren't a huge problem, but chiggers are relentless. I spend a good deal of my working and off-time in chigger-infested areas. Chigger season runs from sometime in March until sometime in June. I spray all my daily-wear jeans with 0.5% down-mixed permethrin in March, and that protection lasts through chigger season most years.

Hope that helps!
Scott

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Scott,

That answers my question. I’ll reapply every 3-4 months. Here in Germany they have ticks at almost epidemic levels.

Does anyone use this spray on their dogs? If so, at what concentration and how often?

This what I use. 10% concentrate and dilute it down to about .5 or .6%. This one doesnt have the petroleum distillates in it, so doesnt make your clothes stinky or oily. Been using it for years and no ticks since.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Works great. I do this also

SaltyBowman

Lil-Rokslider
Tractor supply/Murdochs just buy the cattle version and dilute to your comfort level. If that stuff could kill you’d I’d already be in the ground.