Permethrin Safe?

I’ve been looking at getting some permethrin for use while scouting and checking cameras this summer. I’ll be using it for myself and my 3 and 5 year old that will be tagging along. Is this safe for myself and my kids to use on their clothing? Should I be concerned at all?

sargent

WKR
I've treated my turkey hunting clothing with it and it has worked great. Only use it on clothing and allow it to dry completely before you put it on the kiddos and I don't think it should be a problem.

Mosby

WKR
I don't like to spray myself or my clothes with chemicals because I don't trust the companies that make them but I use permethrin and other sprays and hope for the best. Ticks are awful this year and throw in chiggers, mosquito's, no see um's and every other biting insect that seems sexually attracted to me, I have no choice. I just ordered another bottle to treat my clothes for my scouting trip in July.

elkguide

WKR
As one who doesn't like to use any chemicals on my body and unfortunately after I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease...……. I use Permethrin regularly. I work outdoors and live in a heavily tick infested area and our mosquitos are frequently mistaken for birds!

Permethrin is the synthetic version of Pyrethrum. Pyrethrum comes from Chrysanthemum flowers. Hippies would fully support Pyrethrum as organic pesticide.

There is another chemical called Imidocloprid, that is a systemic. This chemical is often used on pets, it makes their blood toxic and kills insects after they ingest a lethal volume of imidocloprid treated blood. I’ve seen guys use “flea collars” that essentially put this systemic chemical into their blood stream.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My calculations say Permethrin good, ticks and their diseases bad. Follow application instructions and enjoy the outdoors with the kids.

RCL

WKR
I do some brush control and wouldn't think of going in the pastures or woods without it.
Been using it for years without problems.
Just make sure to allow drying time for clothing after applying.

Afhunter1

WKR
Permethrin is good to go. I’d bathe in it and feel safe.

Any “overdose” is quickly passed from your blood stream and into your urine. No residual chemical will remain in your system.

Get 10% concentrate at TSC and mix you own sawyer for pennies.

LostArra

WKR
If your kids are unfortunate enough to ever experience head lice they will get some permethrin shampoo (Nix).

NYNick147

FNG
I use it for all my turkey hunting clothing and boots. I am thinking of putting it on all my hunting clothing and even clothing I use for habitat work and the like.

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
Any effects to Kuiu clothing if this is applied, fading or such? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tim B.

FNG
First year using it on my hunting clothes, worked outstanding

went hiking with the wife last week and didnt have treated clothes on, picked ticks off like crazy, never again, got home and sprayed all the stuff we would wear hiking also

ive been using the duration mix

ozyclint

WKR
i would consider permethrin far safer than imidacloprid.
i would also consider permethrin's mode of action more effective than that of imidacloprid.

i want bugs to touch my clothing and die not bite me and die.