Pet Peeves

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
#1 we ban straws and little things of that nature but God forbid we ban Pampers and such from this world, Makes complete sense to me!!!

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
This one is a little off topic...but I don’t like people who ride bikes on the roads. They are bikes when it’s convenient to them and cars when it’s convenient for them.

plus, it’s dangerous to be in a lane and not be moving at the speed of traffic.

I bike to get in shape for elk hunting. If there were a magic place I could ride 10-20 miles without being on a road, I would be there! The dangerous part is being passed in double yellow blind turns by people who are too inconsiderate to lift up their right toe off the gas pedal and arrive at Walmart 20 seconds later than planned. I'm always a "slow moving vehicle" and expect the accommodation that designation provides. So, we have the same pet peeve, just from opposite POV's.

Hunters deciding to get into bowhunting the day before opener, or maybe a few days into the season. The guy at the bow shop helps him get the top pin on target at 10 yards, then politely reminds him to sight in, practice with broadheads and then come back to the shop for help tuning them.

"Yeah, probably not bro. I'm taking the new bow hunting this afternoon".

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
Guys using their rifle scopes to look around. THEY USUALLY HAVE BINOS HANGING FROM THEIR NECK.

And people shooting guns near camp/hunting areas. Get that crap ready before hand Elmer.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
Parking at a gated road then proceeding to get hound dogged by another hunter all day. Even though you were there first and walking before they even pulled up

Opah

WKR
Trash,
Idiots that stomp around thinking they are hunting,
being scoped,
finding a really nice place to hunt if it wasn't torn to crap by dirt bikes
Taking a serious dump and seeing the Game camera after.
and lastly on my end
getting all the way out my hunting spot and remembering my tag and license are back in the truck
OK one more on my end
Driving off with my camp tied to the bumper of my truck,
(strong winds so I tied every thing to my truck the night before)
OK that is it

Last edited:

Deadfall

WKR
The neighbors dogs... Have a spot where I bow hunt within a 100 yards of the neighbors house. Had the discussion about their dogs coming across the line and running deer off. They said they couldn't control where their dogs go.
Put alittle benadryl in a piece of hamburger. Benadryl will make him sleep.

Gobbler36

WKR
I will preface this by saying that I get that as hunters we need recruitment. we need new blood in the sport. but damn i hate the new, decked out, has every new toy, acts like a hunting pro, insta hunter. just bugs the hell out of me. Same is true with fly fishermen. I just laugh. Even some of the people who have reached a certain level of fame because they have utilized the internet seem to know nothing about hunting or fishing. they just regurgitate nomenclature and put together the right clips from their guided trips. I think it started with all the video hunting years ago and that has morphed into the online instafamous hunters. so i guess the new gucci hunter/angler is my pet peeve.

then #2 is the word harvest. especially when it is some just really dumb bubba using it. acting like he has reached some higher plane of righteousness because he is "harvesting" an animal. I do not see a reason to sugarcoat the fact I am killing an animal. If anything i harvest meat from the animal I killed. to me it is funny hunters tried to steal an agricultural term to describe the killing of an animal.. in actuality they stole the wrong term. In agriculture when we kill an animal we refer to is as slaughtering.... wonder why we didnt use that terminology.. oh yah sugar coat..

so some dumb new hunter dressed in $2000 in gear with his gopro on trying to tell me about his harvest. kill me now. (i mean harvest me now)
Hahaha by far my favorite post.

The instagramers are the worst, hunter recruitment marketing ploy is actually up there for me too but I won’t go down that road.

Trying not to repeat allot of the ones said but setting up decoys for hours in the dark only to have a boat anchor up in the brush 100yds down from us 10 min before shooting light and trying to get their spread set up in time.

Any California license plate at a trailhead 🤣🤣 threw that in there for laughs guys

Generally other people
Mylar balloons, mostly cause of how stupid it seems in my mind to let something go and be so ignorant to the fact that it lands back on the earth and litters.

Lastly running into someone in the backcountry, work out a plan and then in the pre dawn hours see a headlamp coming my way and then a bugle from a primos tube, cmon you guys know the sound of that bugle