Philosophical ? : non-res moving (permanently) into your neck of the woods-thoughts?

Interesting topic... I'm moving to MT this weekend from Washington and kinda nervous about this part. In practice, and at heart, I am on the complete same page, but I get looked at a little close when they "hear" Washington. But I will say, after a couple minutes of conversation, most all Montanans have been very accepting. I can't stand the way this country is going, and I can't stand the crazies in Washington (both Washingtons!). I try and find a way to skirt around the topic of "where are you from" with the locals tho, because I hate what I am associated with, even tho it isn't me, or my family.... I can't change where I was born, but I sure can change where I live :)

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I lived in three forks mt for 2 summers. Our favorite bar in town had a big s sign in the men's room that said "Out of stater go home" they were pretty nice face to face though. I'd put up with 3x the BS to fish there every day again though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome to MT rileybassman. I'm of the opinion that no matter where you come from, as long as you live the "leave it better than you found it" life then you're alright with me. Lots of out-of-staters treat MT like a rented goat, but lots of in-staters do too...

Welcome to MT rileybassman. I'm of the opinion that no matter where you come from, as long as you live the "leave it better than you found it" life then you're alright with me. Lots of out-of-staters treat MT like a rented goat, but lots of in-staters do too...

Thanks Browtinemt! That's absolutely how I feel:) When I was 16 I went on a family trip to MT - went fishing, went to Glacier, and decided on the spot that was where I wanted to live. 10 years later, I finally get to make my dream come true :)

alukban

FNG
It happens at all scales: from one neighborhood to another in the same city, from a "big city" to outlying 'burbs within a short work commute, from one state to a neighboring state for "access".

I look at it not as "them" eroding/bringing down what I already have "here" but "us" exposing them to values that brought them this far, over here.

You can look at them as "the darkness" or you can choose to look at yourself as "the light."

Convert 'em.

Wow - no love for my response at all ;)

Coincidentally, these came up in the last couple of days.

It is an "accretive war"...

[video=youtube_share;aUD0XsvPqU8]http://youtu.be/aUD0XsvPqU8[/video]

Embrace 'em...

[video=youtube_share;N-mHyjYQ1po]http://youtu.be/N-mHyjYQ1po[/video]

...or we can just piss and moan and lose our way of life.

id450

WKR
Here's something to pick u up and feel better about your situation if you have one?
It's simple. Your most likely not in my situation. Meaning you live someplace not in Ca , more specifically , I was telling my wife just last night after trump spoke. we are the most screwed, hopeless people in America. not only do I live in Ca I live on the cost of central Ca. Every nutbag liberal here pretty much infects the coast line from frsico to San Diego. So, I'm stuck In a state dominated by liberals living smack dab in the middle of them. If it's a new great idea , it's coming here first. Go one mountain range over and it's red for the most part. So take some comfort I that. Your not me ( hopefully)

I do Know where to get some great tacos though ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbler36

WKR
I moved to ID a week ago from Tampa,FL and I am a born and raised Georgian and I gotta say that even though its been a short time it feels like the best move of my life. I definitely moved here wanting what makes Idaho great the outdoors, slow pace life, good values I definitely dont want it to change Ive enjoyed all the people ive met so far and it feels like a great place to raise my children. Down side.... I do sense that in the city limits some things are getting to trendy and too mainstream, and I see alot of CA influence. Hopefully this place wont grow too much. I think others have hit it on the head, move to a place and want to fit in and learn the ways of the culture there not try and change it to something else.

wncbrewer

Lil-Rokslider
I moved to Portland from the southern Appalachians 3 years ago and have witnessed first hand what is happening with the Bay Area crowd coming up with wads of cash. In fact we are considering a move to Montana because we like the quiet and outdoor oriented attitudes there. Why in hell would people want to change that. That's what makes it so awesome to me.

Also people that say "keep Portland weird" clearly haven't been downtown recently. Plenty of weirdness to go around. Last time I was at pioneer square I saw a dude walking an imaginary dog with his dick hanging out, and I seemed to be the only person around that considered it weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk