Physically challenged hunt help?

Arrowslinger

Need some help and guidance from the Rokslide crew: my father who's been a life long hunter and current resident of Colorado has always wanted to kill a branch antlered bull and has gotten the green light to get it done on a guided hunt.

I'm looking for recommendations on a private land guided hunt in NW or SW Colorado...but there are some limitations as he has a prosthetic leg and recently underwent a total knee on his good leg. He's wants a great experience and an outfitter than can accomodate hunting with his mobility limitations.

Thanks in advance for your help.

kirk.

rpm4463

In Ocotber I hunted with Snake River Outfitters, north of Craig, CO. It is all land owner tags, there is no need to draw a tag. I chose that outfitter because my dad could not walk very far and was not very mobile, but unfortunately he passed away in June. I still went on the hunt with my dad's friend and we had a great time. I bagged a 5x5 and my dad's friend got a 6x7. They do hunts for kids or veterans with disabilities. It is a 5 day hunt for $5,500 and they provide nice cabins, good food, and supplies. The majority of the elk hunting is done in October and mule deer in November. I don't have the number with me, but search for the webpage.

wapitibob

Sounds like rpm has you covered but for a backup, you might post up in the western bowhunting sub forum over on archery talk. If I remember correctly there is a sponsor there that is active in the forum and specializes in mobility hunts.

rpm4463

If you are interested in bow hunting, I do not recommend Snake Rivers. The manager (outfitter) is not a fan of bow hunting.