Picking an area to hunt

Staroutdoorsport

Lil-Rokslider
What material do you guys use when studying what areas to apply for and/or hunt, for areas you are unfamiliar with? I've been studying previous years harvest reports, are they the best source of info on how an area is? Specifically WY Elk areas.
Thanks for any info.

I’d say not really. It’s a bit more complex than that. I like to look at hunters per square mile, hunter days per season and animal densities. Then I want to examine the habitat and the season I will be there in order to anticipate whether animals will b present while I am or whether they will not yet have arrived or all ready left. That’s me.

OP
Staroutdoorsport

Staroutdoorsport

Lil-Rokslider
I’d say not really. It’s a bit more complex than that. I like to look at hunters per square mile, hunter days per season and animal densities. Then I want to examine the habitat and the season I will be there in order to anticipate whether animals will b present while I am or whether they will not yet have arrived or all ready left. That’s me.
Where do you find that info? Are there other publications put out by the game and fish? Gohunt? Thanks

You aren't going to get a bunch of feedback because the question as been answered a 1000000 times. Use the search function on the forum. I've found tons of info. Even search for the specific unit you're looking into. Almost guaranteed someone has written something.

Just friendly info, not trying to be rude.