pieces that are so good, you own two- even though you don't need to

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think thats the same piece i have 2 of, did they used to call it the Traverse? Its a great mid layer …or good outer in early archery season. My newer version is pilling more than my 10 yr old version.

My other fav piece is the Kuiu Kenai, the light syn fill jacket.

the Traverse is a little different- it uses a high pile fleece on the inner and a tighter weave outer fabric vs the Heavyweight- the Heavyweight hoody is just a heavier grid fleece fabric; Traverse looks like it's cut similar, but guessing quite a bit warmer (but less breathable)

I love my Cirrus FL puffy. I bought if from the bargain cave after FL d/c ASAT.
Had I know how much I would love this item I would have bought 2.

Wear it over merino wool and it covers my needs 90% of the time in ID during the Fall. Great combo.

Two pair of Kuiu Kutana pants. They are the best pants that I’ve seen that actually hold up and work in a huge range of temperatures. One pair is gunmetal and the other ash.

OMB

WKR
-Orvis Missouri Breaks upland pants
-Kuiu Chugach rain jacket (one camo for hunting, one solid for around town)
-Super Down Pro jacket (same as above)
-several versions of the Strong Fleece 210
-LL Bean Hurricane flannel (several of these, great for cooler weather upland hunts where I need to bust brush but don't want to a wear a waxed jacket)
-Outdoor Research Suppressor glove (bought several pairs on sale, wish I had bought more before they got discontinued, awesome upland glove)

BBob

WKR
Two pair of Kuiu Kutana pants. They are the best pants that I’ve seen that actually hold up and work in a huge range of temperatures. One pair is gunmetal and the other ash.
Big fan of Tiburons mainly because I tend to run hot and I’m down here south but I’d agree the Kutana’s are the more versatile pant. I almost never wear my Attacks. If I could do it over again I’d probably just buy the Kutana’s and be done with it. They do fit tighter around the lower quads and knees but they are stretchier than the Tiburon. Sleeker pockets that catch on less stuff too, similar to the discontinued Alpine.

Talus fingerless gloves and black Ovis merino liner gloves (like them better than FL cause they have grips).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLATHEAD

WKR
Croc OR gaiters.
Just bought a 2nd pair of Keen Targhee 3's.
1st pair been to six states and still going, but
figured I'd start breaking in a new pair.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I should add to my growing list :D Crispi Thor II's boots, mine have a lot of life left in them, but found a pair on the Classifieds here in the right size and a very good price, so I grabbed them!

FLATHEAD

WKR
I should add to my growing list :D Crispi Thor II's boots, mine have a lot of life left in them, but found a pair on the Classifieds here in the right size and a very good price, so I grabbed them!
After reading about your hunts, you need to keep an ample supply!!

I think the only thing I have two of the same is FL base layers. I like to purchase only one so I can afford to purchase different brands and options. I know this will give some people a freaking heart attack but I often will have on FL, Kuiu, Sitka and another brand or two at the same time. Even my two bows are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
First lite foundry corrugate pants and kuiu kenai jackets are the only repeats that I own

Last edited:
Kuiu’s kutana 3dfex hybrid jacket. Bought one for everyday wear and cant destroy it. Has hard snagged sharp metal without tearing. Seems to regulate my temp when cold, inactive or active, so Im always comfortable. Liked it so much I bought another for hunting. I feel like I could crawl through a blackberry patch with it on. Not sure the kutana pants could match the jacket though in durability but they are close. And the jackets discontinued…
same here one in green and one in vias best light weight jacket