pieces that are so good, you own two- even though you don't need to

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got a few pieces that I have two of- stuff I like so much I have backup, just in case

I purchased a Patagonia Nano Air Light jacket some time ago- loved it and then Patagonia (like they often do with a nearly perfect garment) discontinued it. Found a lightly used one and snagged it, now I have two.

Black Diamond Alpine Start windshirt- have two of those too, one is an older model, one newer. Found the newer on a good sale, couldn't pass and snagged it. The older one is still going strong, so the newer one hasn't seen much use, but it's there if needed :)

Sitka Heavyweight Core hoody- one Open Country Camo, the other solid color- another solid piece that I just like!

Those are my doubles, anyone else like something so much, they got a second just in case?

Moserkr

WKR
Kuiu’s kutana 3dfex hybrid jacket. Bought one for everyday wear and cant destroy it. Has hard snagged sharp metal without tearing. Seems to regulate my temp when cold, inactive or active, so Im always comfortable. Liked it so much I bought another for hunting. I feel like I could crawl through a blackberry patch with it on. Not sure the kutana pants could match the jacket though in durability but they are close. And the jackets discontinued…

First lite corrugate guide pants. I bought a tan pair and after wearing them I thought they were my perfect hunting/hiking pants so I bought a green pair. For whatever reason I just kept wearing the tan pair and they have worn incredibly well through brush, crawling on rocks etc. I have one little snag from a barbed wire fence that has stayed the same through multiple washings. I should probably mix the green pair into the rotation but it’s hard to not just grab old reliables of the hanger.

Jbxl20

WKR
2 pair of kuiu attack pants
2 Sitka fanatic hoodies
2+ pair darn tough socks
2+ pair of exofficio boxers

Hoghead

WKR
I bought a pair of ske unita pants and ripped them. I hunt every week and didn't want to be without a pair wile I was waiting for them to be repaired. Bought a new pair used the vip fit return label to send the ripped pair in to be repaired. I told them it was my fault and had no problem paying for the repair. They sent me a brand new pair. Now I have 2 and rotate them.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Redwing shoes for my duck feet - been buying two pair at a time for a decade. Discontinued and on my last pair.

oenanthe

WKR
... Patagonia Nano Air Light jacket
... Black Diamond Alpine Start windshirt
...Sitka Heavyweight Core hoody
I have the latter two of those three, but not in multiples. They are great pieces of gear.

Several Sitka Core Lightweight hoodies can be found at my house; one of them goes on every trip.

Shraggs

WKR
- cabelas offered surplus military wool pants.

- variety of great socks, quadrupled

- fox rag wool gloves, fingerless, regular and thinsulate, quadrupled

- REI gortex over mittens

- artic shield boot insulators, quadrupled

- ice breaker and sika merino glove liners

- several sitka hats.

- base layers, fl, ice breaker, therms silk etc all doubled.

Might be more, I think I’ll stop now…

ccarter

FNG
2 pair of Kuiu Attack pants- one major brown that are 5 years old, and a pair of khaki ones. the older ones are just a little looser fitting, so I always seem to wear those.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the latter two of those three, but not in multiples. They are great pieces of gear.

Several Sitka Core Lightweight hoodies can be found at my house; one of them goes on every trip.

I forgot to count those- I've got three Core Lwt hoodies :D

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I think I'm up to 5 or 6 pairs of eddie bauer guide pants. I started wearing them hiking/hunting and they've now basically replaced my jeans for everyday wear. Cheap and super comfortable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
As far as clothes go, I have multiples of everything I use and I change them out throughout the season. And as for everything else, I have to have extras if it's something I like the best.......because it will be discontinued. They discontinued the camo jersey gloves I wear during archery season, so I bought all I could find at that point. Now I'm good to go until I'm 80 at least.

eamyrick

WKR
2x FL corrugate guide pants in Large Tall. Have worn them non stop for last few years with only one tear from NM Quail hunting. The stretch waist works well for that holiday 15 and the locket layout is great for gloves/beanie/flashlight.

For some reason the Bass Pro/Cabelas Deerskin/goretex gloves are the best I’ve tried. They make a lot of junk but you can tell by the reviews that they knocked these out of the park.

hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Shop%7CBPS%7CTopPerformers%7CClothing&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqvaNBhDLARIsAH1Pq50FUlvaOJ8XaS3JASk688MqbJH80hbmYbmdipZL1NUbhoNyFQLkonUaAhP7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Patagonia Nano Puff Hooded Jacket. Hunting companies need to just copy most of what Patagonia makes. These jackets are unbeat. Durability has been great.

Arcteryx Zeta Rain Jacket. Had to buy two. Simple design. No pit zips or anything else to add weight. Lived in one on a 7 day float in Alaska and stayed dry and the jacket looks almost new.