pieces that are so good, you own two- even though you don't need to

kaboku68

WKR
Ibex Loden Wool Jackets. I have three of them and would buy five more but when Ibex wool when into Chapter 11 they quit making them. Boiled Loden Austrian Wool made in the USA. They were never cheap.
I have about 10 pairs of Killik Vital softshell pants. They are great for what I paid for them.
I have three pairs of Zamberlan Ibex GTX boots. Two pairs left in the box. I have several merino FL baselayers.
I like Smarlwool PHD socks.

Outdoor Research Echo half zip LS
- by far the best super hot weather shirt, outshining anything I've found by a long shot. For those who run hot and sweat, this can't be beat.
- brown/tan color seemed discontinued so bought up a couple. then their light green seemed to stop making or sell out super fast.

Hondo

WKR
Sitka Core LW Hoody 4
Sitka Fanatic Hoody 3
Sitka Ascent Pants 3
Sitka Jetstream Vest 2
Kuiu Peloton 200 Hoody 3
Kuiu Merino 125 SS 3
Kuiu Tiburon Hybrid Zip T 3
Kuiu Attack Pants 3
Kuiu Kutana Pants 2
Kuiu Pro Pants 2
First Lite Tag Cuff Beanie 3
First Lite Talus Fingerless Gloves 3
First Lite Sawbuck Pants 2
Outdoor Research Echo Zip 2
Hanwag Bergler Boots 3

Kuiu insulated snap shirt. I use it like most would use a kelvin active. Light weight puffy for summer/early fall and perfect active insulation for late fall/winter. Used one all fall and just purchased another. Super handy piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Surprisingly haven't doubled up on much. The only multiples I have are:

-Patagonia capilene lightweight base layer - I hunt in hot weather and these are the lightest, quickest drying tees I've found.
-Matty mcmattface - damn these are useful. I sit on it when it's rolled up, fully lay out for large groundcover, cut one to smaller size.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Patagonia Houdini comes in bright orange. I own two of these, one that is still brand new. They are notorious for suddenly, and for no reason, discontinuing a piece of gear that nobody matches in function and quality. Houdini is an amazing, lightweight, breathable, hooded shell layer. I use this as a wind breaker and for hiking in light to medium rain and snow. Love that it's full zip for venting. It rolls up into its own chest pocket and can fit in a kifaru mini belt pouch with room to spare, only weighs 3.5 ounces. Makes a great orange piece to lash onto your pack to cover an animal head or antlers. It's never not in my pack.

Last edited:
Pretty much darn near everything I own has at least one duplicate.

I often think my gear room resembles Noah's ark.

The kicker is my best stuff usually was discontinued and I played hell finding and often paying more than retail for a backup.

Barney’s (Anchorage Alaska Sheep Hunting Store) PA-18 Pant. Kevin Dana designed a fantastic soft shell pant with hip vents. These came into production in 2021 and I purchased two pairs right away.

Patagonia Nano Air Light Hoody x2. Hard to beat these now out of production active insulation pieces. Thought the new Kuiu Kenai hoody is right up there and has put zips and has a great pocket layout. Probably will double up on those.

Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 scopes. Doubled up on these as they are so hard to find now and out of production, then added a 42 for good measure.

3 sets of Kuiu Chugach and two sets of Yukon rain gear. 3 sets of Yukon gaiters. 3 Sitka Gear blizzard beanies. 3 Kuiu super down hooded jackets, and 3 Spindrift jackets. 2 pair of Scarpa Mont Blanc GTX boots. I think that’s it.

I have probably 12-15 pairs of prana zions, which paid off because they changed them recently for the worst.

4 Sitka core lw hoodies
3 Sitka core hw hoodies
2 jetstream vest
2 Sitka belichicks
More marsupial belts and darn tough socks than I care to count

Lowa Tibet GTX and Lowa Hunter GTX Extreme. Not much difference in these boots. There may be a little bit of insulation in the hunters and they are a little taller. Either boot can fill in for the other. My hunters have seen some decently hard use so I’m trying to reserve them for the colder seasons. Added a pair of Lowa Renegades for archery this year. Mainly to save a little walking weight and wear on my nicer boots.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a few pieces that I have two of- stuff I like so much I have backup, just in case

I purchased a Patagonia Nano Air Light jacket some time ago- loved it and then Patagonia (like they often do with a nearly perfect garment) discontinued it. Found a lightly used one and snagged it, now I have two.

Black Diamond Alpine Start windshirt- have two of those too, one is an older model, one newer. Found the newer on a good sale, couldn't pass and snagged it. The older one is still going strong, so the newer one hasn't seen much use, but it's there if needed :)

Sitka Heavyweight Core hoody- one Open Country Camo, the other solid color- another solid piece that I just like!

Those are my doubles, anyone else like something so much, they got a second just in case?
4- wrangler Mens Flex Waist Outdoor Cargo Pant use for hiking all the time.

3- Sitka core lightweight hoodies

6- Darn tough socks

2- Kryptek trident rain jacket got them on sale 60 each