PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ABOUT CLASSIFIED ADS PRICE -THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i just thought it was funny coming from a guy with almost 3k posts telling someone they should read the rules...

pot calling the kettle black.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just to give a better idea of what we have been dealing with since most probably won’t see the comments as we delete them. While still against the rules it’s not polite comments or offers, it’s the personal attacks and argumentative trolling that’s been prevalent in the classifieds. This stuff is a banable offense regardless of what forum it’s in and in no way is part of the culture here. We’re not trying to be a helicopter moderator looking for misdemeanors, we’re responding to reports from members. Thanks to everyone who keeps this a positive upbeat forum!

Let's ban competent, contributing members of the forum in favor of a never ending army of price gougers, yuppies, and idiots asking for hunting spots.
It's understandable that Rokslide is a business, and more site traffic=more yuppies buying gear from advertisers...but is there no sense of pride in the sort of members and posts that tend to be on here?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Question for the shit-house philosophers. If someone rips off another person we ban them. If someone is asking a ridiculous price for something isn't that an attempt to rip someone off?

:unsure:
Never intending to ship an item is ripping someone off.

Asking a high price with the intent to ship item upon sale is just business. In this case the purchaser knows and willing sends the funds with expectation to receive item. If item is never sent it becomes a ripoff based on seller not following through, not because of price.

TSD = t_s_.d on Instagram. They’re a trolling page to hunters, kinda jerks but they are known to hunt hard themselves and make valid points.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's ban competent, contributing members of the forum in favor of a never ending army of price gougers, yuppies, and idiots asking for hunting spots.
It's understandable that Rokslide is a business, and more site traffic=more yuppies buying gear from advertisers...but is there no sense of pride in the sort of members and posts that tend to be on here?

Open to a conversation about specific examples.

*zap*

WKR
Wanting double for powder because there is a powder shortage=bad.
Wanting double for your house because there is a housing shortage=smart move.... :love:
If an item is priced too high it will not sell..self correcting capitalist market.
People simply need to mind their own business.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

You are not wrong in a roundabout way. I have been thinking VERY hard about deleting the classifieds at the end of this year. They are a giant waste of time for me and the mods. I am torn because I love buying and selling in the classifieds. It's way better than fleebays ridicules pricing. But half of my ******* time on this site is dealing with whinners that buy or sell in the classifieds.

Do only yuppies buy gear from the advertisers?

Last edited:

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are not wrong in a roundabout way. I have been thinking VERY hard about deleting the classifieds at the end of this year. They are a giant waste of time for me and the mods.
😳 I would rather consider some changes but you have a point.

Rob5589

WKR
You are not wrong in a roundabout way. I have been thinking VERY hard about deleting the classifieds at the end of this year. They are a giant waste of time for me and the mods. I am torn because I love buying and selling in the classifieds. It's way better than fleebays ridicules pricing. But half of my ******* time on this site is dealing with whiners that buy or sell in the classifieds.

Do only yuppies buy gear from the advertisers?
I'd hate to see them go but, I also understand as the classifieds always seem to be a thorn in the side at every forum.
Suggestions: Fee only to use them; make the threads lockable so nobody but the poster can have access, that way all communication is via PM; ditch the WTB option.
Nuclear option; kill it altogether. Hopefully not, though.