Point Banking in Colorado - Pay Extra?

cnelk

WKR
As of yet, Point Banking in Colorado is not off the table for the CPW Commission.

Today I heard something that was interesting.

If Point Banking was implemented, an extra surcharge of $500 would be charged to participate.

Thoughts?

Bluumoon

WKR
Meh. Would nice to see points max at like 10 and then lottery. It may encourage more people to build points/spend $ if there is a "chance" rather than endless point creep. Those holding top points get some kind of preference for a 5 year period or less, or use 10 banked points (once) during the same time period.

I don't plan on being a point accumulator, but if I had a reasonable chance at OIL tag it might make sense to get in the game.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
I might pay extra for point banking. The extra 2-3 points that you are paying also has value (for all of us). Helps clear out some upper point guys.

Sure, some effect on lower units.

ckleeves

WKR
At this point I sometimes think Colorado needs to just have a real ugly 5 year free for all where point banking and point sharing are both allowed and at the end of it reset the entire system to a 60/40 preference/bonus system.

Allow the guys who have applied for 25+ years a decent option to get out. Anybody with that many points was filling out paper apps and sending in checks for a lot of years.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
My dad has 32 points for elk lost out on his tag last year to a guy with 7 points and another with 15. When he started saving points he needed 15. The system is broken
Colorado? Residents sneaking in with the hybrid draw?

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
My dad has 32 points for elk lost out on his tag last year to a guy with 7 points and another with 15. When he started saving points he needed 15. The system is broken
Your dad should study the Draw Recaps.

Elk draw isn’t random - it’s based on PPs only - except the Hybrid

Sand Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
Point banking will hurt opportunity for younger hunters. The old timers with lots of points will start peeling them off and drawing multiple low-to-mid range hunts and drive point creep on ordinary hunts through the roof. I'm sorry, but if you saved points for 20 years, you made a mistake. Burn 'em on the best hunt you can get and join the rest of us back at zero.

More rumors etc just Like the last go around…. Remeber 15 Aug opener for deer?

I could careless waste the DOW does .

Oh…. All the rumors…. Boom status quo!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Whenever I think I hear/read the stupidest idea yet, someone says “hold my beer”.

Instead of point banking, how about, you have 3 years to use your points, after that they transition and identify as a bonus point, which equates to an extra name in the hat. If you put in for a unit and have 20 bonus points, your name goes in 21 times. No more bonus points will be given out and when the last guy finally draws…or dies…its a straight random draw, 80/20 across the board.

sndmn11

WKR

One of those folks who puts the preference point hunt code as first choice, and expects their preference points to snag up "their" hunt code as a second choice.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Anyone been to Disney World?

And pay the Express Pass not to stand in line?

Same concept.