Point Banking in Colorado - Pay Extra?

CMF

WKR
On balance, the guy with the biggest number in denominator is more likely to win.

But yes, someone could win despite having the number “1” in his denominator.

Damn, I wish CPW had just used simple BPs to accomplish this same result rather than using numerators and denominators.
I'm not disagreeing with the math, and I'm sure like the toprut example, after simulations, it works out in the longterm.
But the cpw example makes it hard to comprehend the weighted points making that much difference. I mean in there own example Josh(with 10pp) would have needed 1235+ points to beat Katie with 2pp....

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not disagreeing with the math, and I'm sure like the toprut example, after simulations, it works out in the longterm.
But the cpw example makes it hard to comprehend the weighted points making that much difference. I mean in there own example Josh(with 10pp) would have needed 1235+ points to beat Katie with 2pp....
The Josh & Katie example demonstrates how a 3+0 guy can win.

Yes, an incredibly lucky random # is important - as a start. But after the randomness of that step the division by your weighted points will push a lot of tags in to the hands of those with 3+10,15,25.

But the “law of diminishing returns” applies here. So each extra point is worth less than the last. I stopped buying at 3+5 because I’m 45. But I will probably buy for my 14yo son up to about 3+15.

CMF

WKR
But the “law of diminishing returns” applies here. So each extra point is worth less than the last. I stopped buying at 3+5 because I’m 45. But I will probably buy for my 14yo son up to about 3+15.
Yea, I'm hoping to be that 3+0 guy one day, lol.
I was thinking the returns might diminish, but haven't seen the math on that. In the one example from toprut, it didn't look like it showed it.
I'm just now getting my 2nd point this year and trying to get to three to get in the game. With so many other hunts to apply for, I doubt I keep spending the money for the extra.

If you have kids, you definitely need to get them while they're cheap!