polarized sunglasses

bozeman

WKR
Suncloud cheaper version, but Costa is my fav. And Yes, there is a diff, especially if you are the water all day.

Scoot

WKR
I'll bet it's 10% better.
I'd guess you're probably reasonably close with that estimate. For some, that 10% is worth triple, quadruple, or more the price. For others, it's not. Buying good glass isn't necessarily about trying to look cool (although for some, there's no doubt that's what it's about).

twall13

WKR
For those of you with glass lenses, are they really that much better than poly?
I feel like there is a notable difference. The glass is super clear and doesn't scratch nearly as easily. As mentioned, they are heavier and you will notice it by the end of the day but I do love my Costa Diego's if I'll be on the water all day.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

For those of you with glass lenses, are they really that much better than poly?
Absolutely.
Small weight penalty for arguably better optics and definitely a longer life span without scratches BASED UPON THE USER!
I have had 20yr old sunglasses with lenses that were nearly perfect and they definitely got used.

What’s the best polarized sunglasses out there today? Mine got a new home after accidentally leaving them in the church pew book rack. Made it 2.5 years which is a record for me. Only looking at polarized options being I fish 3-4 days a week. These were costa reefton 580g. I couldn’t find any recent threads and wanted to see if there was anything better out there to try. I’ve tried Oakley already. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m a costa fan

I have tried them all, and nothing beats costa. I currently have 4 pairs. I make my living on the ocean, so I value good glasses, and if there was a better option, I’d own it

Durable, great image, and they clean off well (MJ’s smear a lot more trying to clean, and I hate that because I’m generally in a hurry)

Revo is nice too, but man they have fragile lenses and scratch really easily

Ohiohuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I get the Amazon specials 3 pairs for 25 bucks, I’ve had Oakley and costa and smith, loved the costa but I broke all of them so I’ve given up and buy cheap ones

I'm a pretty big fan of heatwaves. I wear them every day doing heavy vertical concrete work in southern california and they hold up extremely well. I've gotten close to a year out of each pair and the polarized ones are only like $80.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
On the water a lot so good eye ware is important.

Costa has been the standard forever in south Florida. But since the sale more people are going to Maui Jim’s. Don’t stand by the warranty like they once did.

Currently have Revo’s, won’t buy them again because of the fit. They’re light and glass is good, not costa good but good.

I may take a look at Smith next go around.

When you spend the money and time to fish (off shore, backcountry) like I do it makes no sense to miss seeing a fish or bait pod because of poor sunglasses. It makes all the difference.

Last edited:

Tilzbow

WKR
I’ve worn Costa and Maui Jim glasses for years but prefer the lense quality of Maui Jim’s. Maui Jim have many frame styles available from fishing to casual to fashion. I’ve also got some Maui Jim prescription fishing glasses and my vision has never been as good as it is when wearing these glasses but their prescription glasses in a progressive lense are really, really expensive.