Portable chargers

Howell81

FNG
I am going with the Anker Astro E7 Battery Bank. It should charge my s8 phone & headlamp. a couple times from the 26800mAh. Onlyweighs 17oz which i can live with. I will be out in Colorado for 7 days.

Can these be packed in luggage on commercial airlines?

I need one to charge a camera, & gps & will be flying to Kodiak & other parts of the state with it.
Can these be packed in luggage on commercial airlines?

I need one to charge a camera, & gps & will be flying to Kodiak & other parts of the state with it.
Lithium batteries can only be in carry-on, not checked baggage. They don't want fires in the hold.

Agross

WKR
I bought an anker on Amazon. Can't remember exactly which one, Love the thing. Works great. Holds a charge for a long time. Wish I woulda bought it years ago

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I've run both a RavPower and Outdoor Tech - Kodiak Mini Power Bank. The RavPower held up to more phone charges vs life of the charger. By the time I stopped using the Outdoor Tech, it would barely do 1 charge. The RavPower did just crap out completely, not sure why. They sent me a new one right away. It wasn't a fade in performance which makes me think it was a circuitry issue.

I’ve got a cheap little Anker off amazon as well. Had it a few years and couldn’t be happier with it.

Anker e7 26,800mah, and 2- Anker 20,000 power cores are in my battery pack rotation. No issues with any of them after a few seasons of usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvrk28

WKR
Has anyone tried this one? https://litmobile.us/products/wireless-lit-solar-powerbank
Reportedly 20k mAh but only 4oz.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Lit mobile is a rebranding of the Charge Labs Halo. I have the Halo and it definitely weighs more than 4 oz. Charge Labs has the weight at 19oz on their indiegogo page. It’s a great unit, works completely as advertised. Looking forward to using it in 2019.

After listening to Gritty and Aron Snyder podcasts two years ago I decided not to get an Anker. According to their testing they lost charge very quickly when tested in the freezer.

I've been happy with the Zendure A3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077TCDMKQ/ref=psdc_7073960011_t2_B003CEN1Q6

I think it is the perfect combination of durability and lightweight. It's capacity is enough to charge my phone 3 time or so and it has the ability to charge two devices at once while it is also being charged. This is called "charge through".

jake1455

FNG
20000mAh blackweb charger from Walmart. Has a boatload of charge and has treated me very well

Mitch291

FNG
I run the rav power and it has help up good. I use it every day to charge up my phone while I’m working.

I'm running the Anker PowerCore 10,000. Doing the math on it, it will charge an iPhone X, 3.68 times from dead to 100%. I got the hard case for it also, all said and done it was $41.98 from Amazon with Prime shipping. I plan on buying the bigger 20,100 for longer outings.