Poser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ryan asked me if he should block him, but I have nothing to hide.

If he thinks I'm a poser because if this, then so be it. I had a great time in the NWT and all the other hunts I was fortunate enough to be on last year and if this is the only negative thing that comes of it.....it was worth it!

His first post and he starts like this. I say block him.

dotman

WKR
Hey man, I think this is the photo you're referring to, and you're right.....I didn't shoot this ram.

I did however spot it, walk him into it, tell him the range (109 yards), cape it, pack it out, pack up his camp, turn out the face, salt the hide and butcher the meat......BUT I DID NOT SHOOT IT.

My drop box file has several hundred photos in it and Kryptek has access to all of them. This photo was one of many in that folder.

Since I worked so hard on this hunt for the guy he told me I should get a photo behind it as well (basically I did all the work anyway).....the guide on the hunt got the same photos as I did.

Here's the guy that shot the ram. We actually got a double that day (killed both seconds apart from each other). It was a father son team from California.

Here's the sons ram and they had me get a photo behind this animal too.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be a poser or anything, and if I had known Kryptek was going to use this photo I would have told them to use another.

Here's another animal that the guide and I did all the work to get it.....but did not shoot it. I guess we are both posers.

I just had this conversation with the owner of Kuiu about the ad your talking about (I think it's in Alaska hunt and fish).

This also looks like your first post and you're trying to stir up trouble and bash me for being a poser. I would suggest having a few more posts before you start bashing me.

Either way, I did not shoot the ram, but I did do everything else.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Haha, poser :)

^^^
How do you know Jason had anything bad to say about Aron??

Aron, I think everybody knows you're probably the most unlikely guy to be a poser. Btw, I'm been thinking about the new Cargo Panel. Did you use it to pack any of these awesome animals out?

Because I've heard it out of his mouth before....

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
He had nothing bad to say about me on the phone or in text. He did mention posting up the forums about the photo/ad this thread was started about, but said he didn't roll that way and wouldn't call me out for being a poser.

We talked about keeping things professional on Facebook and the forums as well.

dotman

WKR
So he just had one of his employees/buddies do it. If Aron had the same amount of cash as Jason and they both set out on DIY zero guides solo hunts competition I wonder who would be more successful. I would bet heavily on Aron.

He had nothing bad to say about me on the phone or in text. He did mention posting up the forums about the photo/ad this thread was started about, but said he didn't roll that way and wouldn't call me out for being a poser.

We talked about keeping things professional on Facebook and the forums as well.

Doesn't roll that way? The guy takes photos That are not taken during hunts and passes them off as hunting photos... Jesus I don't know how you put up with shit like this...

This just screams of Kuiu's insecurities.

Hey man, I think this is the photo you're referring to, and you're right.....I didn't shoot this ram.

I did however spot it, walk him into it, tell him the range (109 yards), cape it, pack it out, pack up his camp, turn out the face, salt the hide and butcher the meat......BUT I DID NOT SHOOT IT.

My drop box file has several hundred photos in it and Kryptek has access to all of them. This photo was one of many in that folder.

Since I worked so hard on this hunt for the guy he told me I should get a photo behind it as well (basically I did all the work anyway).....the guide on the hunt got the same photos as I did.

Here's the guy that shot the ram. We actually got a double that day (killed both seconds apart from each other). It was a father son team from California.

Here's the sons ram and they had me get a photo behind this animal too.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be a poser or anything, and if I had known Kryptek was going to use this photo I would have told them to use another.

Here's another animal that the guide and I did all the work to get it.....but did not shoot it. I guess we are both posers.

I just had this conversation with the owner of Kuiu about the ad your talking about (I think it's in Alaska hunt and fish).

This also looks like your first post and you're trying to stir up trouble and bash me for being a poser. I would suggest having a few more posts before you start bashing me.

Either way, I did not shoot the ram, but I did do everything else.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.
Aron, how many posts do we need before we can bash you?

Well handled, btw.

Shrek

WKR
That is just too sad. I don't ever want a guided hunt because 95% of the hunt is what the guide does and in many ( not all ) cases all the hunter does is tag along until it's time to pull the trigger and he doesn't even really make that decision on his own. I many situations the "poser" is the "hunter". Aron is so far from a poser it isn't even funny to accuse him of being one. The douche factor of the Kuiuteers is off the chart.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aron, very tactful reply, goes to show your integrity and why many regard you as one of the best back country hunters of our time. My reply will be less tactful. OP you are a moron.

Ditto. I don't know Aron but I would never think of him as a "poser" no matter what animal he was behind. I have photos taken all the time with animals that I have been a part of during the hunt that I did not personally shoot.
And yeah, nice first post. I don't think Aron is the one who is the poser.

Randy

Manosteel

WKR
This is ridiculous! Aron you shouldn't have to explain yourself to anyone.
Your body of work in the outdoor industry speaks volumes about your skill and integrity as a hunter and honesty as gear guru. Most of us wish we could spen the time in the field you do and with the gear you get to try. Speak with any guy about hunting and you will find out real quick if they are the real deal or not. I have spoken with Aron, emailed and texted him, always willing to take the time to talk shop and is as genuine as they come, most of all he knows his $hit about hunting the backcountry.

Kuiu fan boy is right... Why they get so uptight about stuff is beyound me?

As I read the OP I immediately thought, the guide and all those folks who are a hell of a lot more photogenic than I :) . And then Aaron hits a home run with his response!

I've always felt more deceived by the hunter who shoots a trophy yet never acknowledges the guide who did a lot of if not most of the work.

Shrek

WKR
Aron is only guy who I've ever talked to who would recommend his competition if he thought they were better for you. I know he has sacrificed a lot to keep his integrity. He's not wealthy by any definition other than experience and honesty. I know he's walked away from cash that would have made him a poser before and I have no doubt he'll walk away in the future.

"If" and I do mean "If" KUIU is behind this, I wish they would give inventory as much attention as they do so called "posers" - Childish Stupidity.

I would pose with an animal I didn't shoot if I was part of the team that worked to get it. Especially if it was a monster!!! I would not say I shot it or anything like that. Good work Aron!!! Come help me get a monster elk or muley. Hunting is a team sport in our camp. We hunt, camp, and share memories together.

Status
Not open for further replies.