"pretty" rifles

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Decker9, that is one of the coolest collections of hunting rifles I've seen in a while, thanks for sharing those. I do have a couple of questions. How is that lee enfield anchored at the tang ? And did you run your 96 swede with iron sights goat hunting?

Decker9

WKR
Decker9, that is one of the coolest collections of hunting rifles I've seen in a while, thanks for sharing those. I do have a couple of questions. How is that lee enfield anchored at the tang ? And did you run your 96 swede with iron sights goat hunting?
Thank you!! The majority of grandads gun room was sold off after he past, but we did keep a few of his personals.

On the Enfield, Iv never had it apart so I’m not to sure. I haven’t shot it for a lot of years. On the Swede, I haven’t shot it in many years either. I took the scope off of it for a different rifle, my daughter will be big enough to shoot it in another year or two, hopefully she will take her first game animal with it.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you!! The majority of grandads gun room was sold off after he past, but we did keep a few of his personals.

On the Enfield, Iv never had it apart so I’m not to sure. I haven’t shot it for a lot of years. On the Swede, I haven’t shot it in many years either. I took the scope off of it for a different rifle, my daughter will be big enough to shoot it in another year or two, hopefully she will take her first game animal with it.
Wow! I would've loved to have seen the "majority" that was sold.....

Couldn't imagine life without a few lookers on the shelf. I was very fortunate to spend my childhood at my grandads stock building bench, though I was young, my eyes and ears were always focused and curious.

This first is a custom is a .458wm that I inherited, my grandad built years ago for an African hunt. Iv owned it for 20+ years, and have only fired 2 rounds from it. The old steel but plate didn’t feel well on my boney shoulders, one day I’ll put a recoil pad on it
View attachment 250696View attachment 250695View attachment 250698View attachment 250697

Next is another custom he built, off of a zg47, and chambered in .280 rem. Ignore the terrible finishing job, it was my first attempt at re finishing a stock years ago. I’ll re do it here some day. My dad took his first moose with this rifle back in the 60’s, when it was still a 7x57.
View attachment 250713View attachment 250714

Next is my first ever hunting rifle. Built for me when I was 7, and took my first goat with it at 8. A hair over 6lbs, a Mauser 96 chambered in 6,5x55 AI.
View attachment 250716

Not a custom, but a looker non the less. Chambered in 9.5x57 (aka .375 rimless nitro express).

View attachment 250717View attachment 250719
I lived in Germany for a few years. I love the Styer! That is one thing Europe does extremely well.. build beautiful guns!!!
Your grandpa had some great taste and talent!

Dinger

WKR
20170425_070335-X4.jpg

i-3crzhGF-X3.jpg

i-bZLmKDm-X3.jpg

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider
I have two Featherweights, one in .30-06, the other .257; I have to resist the urge to gather up more of them

My first and so far only Featherweight is a 300WSM. A 257 Roberts would be wonderful to have next to it.

I wouldn't pass on a 25-06 either.....