Preview thread for the Schnees Granite VI 600G

Bcorn

FNG
Definitely did some sweatingđź‘Ť And if I was hunting a change of socks would have been along but never felt a river in my boot or issues for blisters. This day was in the low thirties with deep wet snow and a gentle vertical climbđź‘Ś
How are the boots holding up?

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Alright thanks. I was considering the crispi wildrocks but I like the fact that these are American made and both are around the same price.

Hello Bcorn and thank you for checking out our boots! Just wanted to be clear though, our Pac Boots are made right here in Montana. Our Mountain boots, such as the Granite boots, are handcrafted in Italy. As far as I know, there is only one "mountain boot" that caters too serious hunters, currently being made in the USA.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the heads. Looking for a boot to run for Wisconsin rifle season I don't sit during rifle season lot of still hunting so always on the move.

Gotcha. I'd check out our Hunter II Pac Boot if you haven't already. Should fit the bill perfectly. If you really want a traditional "mountain boot", then the granite 600G should work, but it is a very stiff boot. Designed for above tree line hunting. It might not be as comfortable to walk around in all day if you're on flat(ish) ground.

Bcorn

FNG
Gotcha. I'd check out our Hunter II Pac Boot if you haven't already. Should fit the bill perfectly. If you really want a traditional "mountain boot", then the granite 600G should work, but it is a very stiff boot. Designed for above tree line hunting. It might not be as comfortable to walk around in all day if you're on flat(ish) ground.
I've been running a pair a crispi nevadas for elk hunting and I also run them here in Wisconsin for bird hunting so I do like a semi stiff boot any idea how they would compare in stiffness to the Nevadas? I will check out the hunter pac boot.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've been running a pair a crispi nevadas for elk hunting and I also run them here in Wisconsin for bird hunting so I do like a semi stiff boot any idea how they would compare in stiffness to the Nevadas? I will check out the hunter pac boot.

It is definitely stiffer than the Nevadas. It is at least as stiff as their Thor GTX, if not a bit stiffer.