Price:Quality ratio of CA Ridgeline vs Tikka Roughtec

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent call on the roughtech! I shoot a 308 roughtech for F class at 600 yards and for a factory action, barrel, and ammo it does pretty good!! Mine also liked the 150 sst Hornady load. Lately I have been shooting the federal premium 168 Berger hybrid hunters. The only thing I have modified for shooting F class is the stock. Here is a target from one of my better nights:) The 10 ring is 6 inches, and all shots were in under 20 minutes.

Ryan
View attachment 595744
Maaaaan I have to wait for the weekend to shoot and you guys aren't making the wait any easier lol.

I'll second the Roughtech.. I have one in 6.5PRC and it is an absolute tack driver (out of the box).. I shot several factory loads and a few of my prefered handloads.. Everything shot very close and consistently well.. If I'm solid, it is easily a .5moa rifle.. I took a whitetail buck in Montana last year at 478 yards and it was almost like a chip shot.... All the best..

Leaf Litter

Lil-Rokslider
I have no experience with Christiansen, so I'll not comment on that brand, plenty of others already have.

The real decision in factory rifles is Tikka vs Browning, IMO. I own and love both. Mechanically they've both been excellent to date .

In short: Browning X-bolt for aesthetics and full length long action, and tikka for customization. I love my Browning and really like my Tikkas.

Last edited:
OP
picketuc

picketuc

FNG
Bought a Roughtech in .308 from Sportsman's yesterday, haven't shot it yet but I'm actually shocked at how much of a step up it is compared to the 700s and Savage's I've used in the past.

I couldn't get over the reports of bad QC from Christensen so I wasn't willing to take the chance, Tikka seems to be one of the gold standards for quality out of a factory gun.
I agree, I just can’t seem to bring myself to going with a CA.