Probably Going Crazy, But Looking for Suggestions

CJohnson

WKR
I’d check for fungus in the crawlspace or attic. Put up cameras in discreet locations.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
So…going to preface this by saying most of y’all will probably think I need to be in the loony bin after this, but should also generate some good laughs/stories/and maybe a helpful suggestion.

Of course, we’re fixing to talk about ghost here.

So, GF’s daughter (3) has made comments every now and then going on 6 months about a little boy that will be in her room that just stares at her, never describes him more and obviously we don’t encourage her dwelling on it. Normally totally neutral and just stares at her, but sometimes it seems to really scare her. She probably brings him up once every other week.

At first I thought she just had an active imagination mixed with nightmares, she is only 3 after all. But more recent stuff has us second guessing.

About 2 months back, her dog moved its head like something moved across the living room then started barking its head off. Go to bed. Wake up two hours later with the dog going crazy, camera alarm’s going off but nothing caught on camera, go to the living room and see a human shadow through the front window. Both of me and me GF see it, dog is staring at it and barking. As soon as I yelled for the gun and to call the cops, shadow leaves without setting off cameras. We both thought this was an attempted break in that was thwarted by barking dog and me yelling. Police report was filed, no doubt in my mind all 3 of us saw a person in the window.

Very next night, I saw a kid standing in the door frame. White gown, blond bowl cut. Obviously don’t say anything to anyone about this. Her daughter brings up at breakfast the boy was in her room and scared her.

One or two more situations with the dog doing weird stuff and the GC having one experience herself.

2 weeks ago her daughter started talking in the middle of her sleep like a 75 year old that had been smoking 2 packs of cigarettes their whole life.

This morning she told my GF that she was brave last night and even though the boy tried to scare her she didn’t wake anyone else up.

This afternoon, she started making noise and looked panicked while swimming. Said someone was on the pool ladder trying to get into the pool.

About 20 minutes ago when I started typing this, the light in her room flickered on and off.

Anyone deal with this before and what was the result? We don’t talk about it at all around her and are super particular with what she has access to, so I don’t even know how the concept of a ghost would of been introduced to her if this is just imagination. My gut reaction to all of this is she has a hyperactive imagination, the one night someone actually tried to break into the house, mine and my GF’s experiences were just because we had the idea put into our heads by her daughter.

But on the other hand all 3 of us have seen it at this point. Plus I’m counting the dog, so make it 4 of us
Maaaan, that is creepy as hell. Thankfully, I don’t have any experience in this (other than seeing a UFO in East Tennessee after a fishing trip) but a I have a few suggestions:

1) check your house for a carbon monoxide /gas leak. These have caused countless families to experience what they initially thought was paranormal activity.

2) if you’re not religious, start going to church. If you are religious, start going more. Consider involving your preacher or priest. I don’t think that they will write you off as crazy.

3) if it were me, I’d be talking to a real estate agent ASAP, regardless of how much $ I stood to lose.

Geewhiz

WKR
Freakin spooky man.

I mean, If you saw a creepy little boy, you should know and I dont understand why you would still be unsure.

Were you half asleep when you saw it? Were you boozin? Were you on anything at the time that would impare your vision or judgement?

I'm just confused how you could see something with your own eyes but not be sure of it.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
We had some similar experiences. Looking back after it stopped gave us a different perspective. Spirits, ghosts or whatever are not understood by humans and especially when a person who doesn’t believe (not saying that you do or don’t) has strange things happen. We simply interpret everything as a threat or scare tactic because we don’t understand it. In our case no one was ever harmed but our oldest was actually protected from a few circumstances.

OP
B

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry guys. I think the OP needs to take a deep breath and realize this really is the imaginations of a little girl and then letting thoughts from that lead the whole household down a weird path.
Very good chance, and it just so happened to coincide with an attempted break-in. Certainly the most likely scenario.

OP
B

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Freakin spooky man.

I mean, If you saw a creepy little boy, you should know and I dont understand why you would still be unsure.

Were you half asleep when you saw it? Were you boozin? Were you on anything at the time that would impare your vision or judgement?

I'm just confused how you could see something with your own eyes but not be sure of it.
Half asleep, and probably still on edge from whatever occurred the night prior. Woke up to see him in the doorframe.

Completely sober, nothing that would impair me.

I’m confident I saw it. And also confident that me saying that doesn’t make logical sense.

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
How old is the house. Do some research with the title company and maybe old newspaper clippings/microfiche to see if you can find any evidence of who may have lived there the whole life of the house and if anything tragic happened to them while living there. That may give you some answers to what you have been experiencing. Do believe there are spirits wandering this earth and finding out about them if you can may help.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
How old is the house. Do some research with the title company and maybe old newspaper clippings/microfiche to see if you can find any evidence of who may have lived there the whole life of the house and if anything tragic happened to them while living there. That may give you some answers to what you have been experiencing. Do believe there are spirits wandering this earth and finding out about them if you can may help.
To go off of this my dorm room sophomore year had some random things happen over a two week span out of the blue. Mostly related to things electrical that give off an energy that supposedly spirits can use to manifest themselves or use. Had speakers and desk fans turn on and off by themselves when we were in the room, my arm being grabbed, hand prints seemingly burned into the door, had sleep paralysis one afternoon (only time I’ve ever experienced this and felt like someone was bear hugging me when I woke up and couldn’t move an inch to shut off my alarm).

My roommate wanted to get to the bottom of this and looked up historical records at the library. Turns out a student hung himself in the building back in the day. We immediately put Holy Water around the door and the windows and never had an issue the rest of the year. All of it stopped immediately and almost felt like a weight was lifted as the air almost felt heavy during those couple of weeks. Had some non threatening experiences over the next couple years (things attached to me) but after that when we moved into a new place first thing was blessing the place. But those two weeks in that room were the most stressful periods of my life and neither of us wanted to be alone in there and spent most nights in friends rooms on the couch as we both couldn’t sleep

OP
B

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Update: this one is terrifying.

Daughter woke up banging on the walls screaming to get her out. When mom opened the door she was crouched behind the dresser and said something was biting her.

7mm-08

WKR
Update: this one is terrifying.

Daughter woke up banging on the walls screaming to get her out. When mom opened the door she was crouched behind the dresser and said something was biting her.
Dude! Start sleeping with everyone in the same room and a loaded 12 gauge beside you. I'm freaking terrified just reading your accounts. Something (or someone) biting 3 YO is WAY over the line.

Last edited: