WTS Problems with a seller on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesseb

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So I have had very few bad deals in 25 years of buying and selling on forums. I have never left anyone negative feedback or anything along those lines. Curious how most of you would handle this. A set of 223 dies was listed a couple weeks ago so over the weekend I PM the seller “big10hunter” and offer him $80. He countered $85 so I accepted and ask how I can pay. Waited patiently to hear back and now someone else says they will take it and he posts SOLD. I guess I was raised that a man’s word is a man’s word. I certainly wouldn’t throw my reputation away for $4. How would you handle this? Is there a bad guys to do business with list on here? I both responded to the thread and pm’d him this morning and no response. 45 min after that I see he was on here “engaged in conversation” so I waited to see if he would respond and nothing.

IMG_5576.png

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It's happened to me a couple of times. I'd move on. Life's too short to get ruffled over this small stuff.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Dukhtr3

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would I handle this? I’d move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. At least you didn't get ripped off. He may of had them for sale on a few different places.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jesseb

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I think it’s clear I have no choice but to move on. I have had great luck here on Rokslide and feel it is the most stand up bunch of guys on the net. More about warning others I guess. If we all just ignore the few raw deals, they will start becoming more common place.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very good points already made here. I wouldn't consider what you described as a "problem" or worthy of a thread. It does seem there are at least 3 hours between communication as well. Until you PAY, the item is not sold or yours. I'd leave it alone and move on.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That's a crappy thing to do. I'd move on as well. He should have responded and said he was offered more or at least let you know in my opinion.

OP
J

Jesseb

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Very good points already made here. I wouldn't consider what you described as a "problem" or worthy of a thread. It does seem there are at least 3 hours between communication as well. Until you PAY, the item is not sold or yours. I'd leave it alone and move on.
And then another day before someone else posts I will take it.

rgref522

WKR
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
O man. Move on. It was hours after his counter that you replied. He got a full offer he took it. That's the cost of haggling. If he has sent his payment info i would consider it a done deal and side with you a little more. To me that's when the deal is done i guess.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

jphares44

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fairness, you never said "I'll take it". You asked what forms of payment are accepted. That's a question, not a statement.

As others said, it's a bummer, but probably best to move on.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
O man. Move on. It was hours after his counter that you replied. He got a full offer he took it. That's the cost of haggling. If he has sent his payment info i would consider it a done deal and side with you a little more. To me that's when the deal is done i guess.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I see where your coming from on this but the guy that said he'd take it right before the sold was yesterday and the gentleman told this seller he'd take the 85 on Sunday so it's a crappy thing to do. And asking how to pay him implies you are going to buy said item.

OP
J

Jesseb

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
His higher offer came in a day later. Interesting stance many of you take on this. If you make me an offer and I counter offer, my counter offer is good. If you don’t respond in timely manner and I get another offer I will respond letting you know you have x amount of time and I have done just that. Anyway now just wasting my time. Back to work

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve sold enough crap on FB and classifieds to know that if someone starts with a haggle then there’s more than likely more BS coming. If you really wanted it you could have paid asking price and there’d be a product in the mail today.

Matthew57

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you outed yourself as someone I'd never want to sell to. You can be mad but to shame the seller by posting his/her name when you weren't cheated isn't proper in my opinion. Did they act perfectly? No. But you acted worse in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.