Q&A for ZCO 4-20x50mm Field Eval

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
I also have a 420 zco on my 6dasher and haven't rezeroed it except at barrel changes of 3000ish rounds. That scope is 6? yrs old First batch available and has 20,000 rds through it. But on a 20lb low recoil gun its not a ton of abuse but a lot of turret spinning! There are a few times when it seems .1 off but i have faith and don't mess with zero before a match. The next time i check it it falls right back in line with previous zero. I always assumed it was just difference in form or something. Maybe it is drifting a little but coming back??
This whole drop test is very enlightening!!
I have seen the wandering zeros of mk5 and gen 2 razors just riding in the truck as a truck gun and checking it at the range when im working on something else. Just the zco seem to show it a lot less. The 527 on my other match rifle is new and not proven with less than 1500rds down it. But my 300 norma with 527 has been the most consistent scope i own. Even more consistent that my 1 of nightforce atacrs.
All are mounted in sphur 1 piece.

philys21

FNG
My spuhr mounts are a couple years old, but I've heard since they been bought out their quality has went way down. I have seen the parallax issue with these mounts, I made sure the turret was centered in the mount, use rosin powder, and torqued the rings to 15 inch pounds and haven't seen this issue.

This winter I will be unloading my spuhrs and picking up grayops cnc mounts. They are a great small business and support the PRS a lot, so I like doing the same in return. They will be releasing hunting scope rings, but they won't be out in time for this season.

madcalfe

WKR
Hahaha True! I’m shaking in my boots nervous about the Kahles testing!
well I can tell you right now I highly doubt a kahles will pass the 18" drop.
I've went through 2 kahles k318i and it now lives on my 17hmr grouse gun cause I don't trust it.
first kahles my rifle was up against the corner of the wall tent and gun fell and the whole internals came apart rendering it useless. 2nd kahles (brand new replacement) it was in my gun drawer in my jet boat with a foam mattress on the bottom in a padded gun case with a soft life jacket wrapped around the scope part of the rifle. after the ride the scope wasn't zeroed at all and the illumination dial was practically coming off.
I have since switched to a 4-16x42 ATACR.

NSI

WKR
Phil Velayo claims his Kahles have not lost zero after serious falls. I'd like to see the k18i and k318 tested.

-J

My spuhr mounts are a couple years old, but I've heard since they been bought out their quality has went way down. I have seen the parallax issue with these mounts, I made sure the turret was centered in the mount, use rosin powder, and torqued the rings to 15 inch pounds and haven't seen this issue.

This winter I will be unloading my spuhrs and picking up grayops cnc mounts. They are a great small business and support the PRS a lot, so I like doing the same in return. They will be releasing hunting scope rings, but they won't be out in time for this season.

Talk about rumours, hope they are listed super cheap on the PX if they really are so unreliable.

Clark33

WKR
After rereading the drop eval, if I had a zco and did drop it accidentally while hunting, I’d almost wanna smack it a few more times in hopes it gets back to zero.

ZAR EC

FNG
I've just come back from a 2 week trip. Rifle rode in 4x4 on back seat with other rifles and equipment so nothing too wild but it's not babied. Standard stuff. My ZCO had a 1mil zero shift half way through. I'm coming from an ATACR on the same setup and no change in zero over 7 years. It has Tier One rings which is the company that makes Zeiss rings so I can't say categorically it's not the rings.

NSI

WKR
Sounds like we need to get to the bottom of this rings issue ASAP given the odd tube size. Whole system has to work.

-J

ZAR EC

FNG
That's egregious. Hope it didn't cost you an animal.
Luckily nothing wounded but I missed a shot over animal's back because of the shift. Outside of the terrible situation in wounding an animal, the cost in time, money and lost opportunity caused by a zero shift like this enormous.