Qualified Gunsmith - Carbon Stock Work

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in search of a qualified gunsmith that has a lot of experience working on carbon stocks. If you saw my thread a couple months back of the local smith who butchered my stock--I now have the replacement and am looking for someone that can install four flush cups and a javelin bipod mount in the stock. I'm willing to ship and would like to see some photos of previous work. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Butchered stock:

wapitibob

WKR
You need someone that cuts carbon layup every day, that's not gonna be a "gunsmith" in most instances. I'd ask the guys that built and cut the stock, they know how to do it.

You could do it yourself. I've done a bunch of flush cups and pic rails in carbon fiber stocks over the years and I'm about average with hand and power tools. I've got great results with household tools, taking my time and paying attention.

The only tools that you're likely going to have to buy is a tap and a forstner bit.

Mojave

WKR
Chad Dixon Long Rifles Inc

Erict

WKR
If only shipping the stock you may want to consider people who work almost exclusively with carbon. Calfee Design is highly regarded for their carbon bike frame repairs and may be worth a call. As much work as they do with complex bike frames it seems like your request should be relatively easy. Good luck

Schism

WKR
Chad Dixon Long Rifles Inc

Give LRI a call. They turn out lots of quality work and can probably help you out with your stock.