Questions to ask a local

So I am planning my first western Mule deer hunt this fall with another buddy. We are fortunate enough to be connected through another friend to a person that lives and hunts near the area that we are going. I already have a list of questions but I feel like this would be the best place to make sure that I am asking the right questions. What questions would you guys ask to ensure that you are the most prepared when it is time to venture out? For some context, we are doing spike camping or truck camping and this will be a rifle hunt. Thanks guys

Honestly, I wouldn't ask anything specific. Friend of a friend doesn't make it your friend. At the most, I would just ask for advice on the area and go from there. If the person opens up then you might be able to ask some more specific questions.

People like to talk about themselves. Ask about their favorite hunt that they've done. Ask if they have a local restaurant that they recommend. Then take them there for dinner before the season and ply them with beer!

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
Do you mean questions on the area to be hunted, or tons of questions about western big game hunting? I wouldn’t bombard them with the latter.