Quiet pants!!

Jaker_cc

WKR
What is everyone using that isn’t Sitka (don’t make a pant long enough for me) that is quiet. SG dehavs are just too dang loud for what I’m needing to do. If they were quieter they would be my do everything pants

Try KUHL pants, I’ve used them two seasons they are pretty quit. Their not a hunting company but make good clothing for hiking.

jd1006

WKR
First Lite Obsidian Foundry is a good option. Not going to be the most durable, though. Fjallraven makes a pant called the Barents Hunting line that could be a good option as well.

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
If not Sitka then KUIU makes some quiet options.

Attack as an all around pant
Guide as a hunting pant
Kenai as an insulated pant

Neither of these 3 (and mostly any pant that needs to be quiet) will do well in brush.

If you need a durable pant, that'd be their Kutana, but its less quiet.

We do a 1 in 20 raffle + review on pants and KUIU is one of the top chosen amongst the winners.

JDZ

WKR
Would like to continue this conversation.

The Kuiu Tiburon are pretty quiet for warm weather. Big Bill wool pants are decent for cold weather, and Columbia wool bibs are quiet for even colder weather.

I'm trying to find something in the middle. Would the First Lite Obsidian Foundry be a mid weight and quiet option?

What weather/hunting conditions?

I wear Kuiu Katana for early season. They are swishy, but only when they brush up against something. They have a slimmer fit so they don't rub each other much. If you don't want to be hot, you'll have some noise from warm weather pants. I also have Prana's that are quieter but not as durable.

For mid to late season, I either throw thermals under my Katana, or switch to Kuiu Guides as they are fleece lined and not too hot when hiking around close to freezing temps. They are quiet.

If you need dead quit, then cotton is the way to go for warm weather, and full fleece for cool weather. They both have their downfalls, but they are dead silent options.

sneaky

"DADDY"
What is everyone using that isn’t Sitka (don’t make a pant long enough for me) that is quiet. SG dehavs are just too dang loud for what I’m needing to do. If they were quieter they would be my do everything pants
How long you need? Gulch Gear makes pants with 38" inseams and hemming them doesn't void your warranty.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JDZ

WKR
Try KUHL pants
What model? I have the Renegade all-synthetic pants and would not consider them quiet. I also have the Rydr which are mostly cotton and they are extremely loud.

What weather/hunting conditions?
Not sure the question was directed at me, but I wear the Tiburon down to probably 50F depending on activity level and base layer. I wear wool pants until it gets above freezing. So I'm looking for QUIET pants to fill that 25F to 60F range.

The Polyester pants from any of the high end hunting clothes companies are not going to be deafly quiet. Can they be pretty quiet, especially after washing/usage….. yes. Quiet enough to hunt with….yes.

Fleece pants or maybe wool are the only way to achieve deafly quiet in my opinion, especially out of the box.

With that being said…… I use a couple different types of polyester based pants from Sitka and a couple pair of fleece pants from Gray Wolf Woolens.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
By far the quietest pants were a Merino pant made by firstlite. They aren't durable and the fit was pretty baggy but dang were they silent. Not sure if they have made them more durable or fixed the fit on them in recent years, or if they even make them anymore...

My go to now are Fjallraven Barents Pro pant. Not as quiet as those merino pants, but very durable and very well made. These Barents are still pretty quiet though and the fit is perfect for me.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
One more thing you will like about the Fjallraven pants is they come "raw length" which is about 4" too long for most 32-34 length pant wearers. You simply hem them to your desired length. Love that as I have real long legs.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a pair of Knarr pants from ASAT and they were very noisy so I sent them back, KUIU Attack pants are fairly quiet but not noiseless. I finally ordered a pair of cowboy suede pants from Day One and they are nearly as silent as fleece (we have a winner!). They come unhemmed so length is never a problem. They are out of Brighton Colorado. Handmade in the USA and looks like durable material. My Day One pants are unlined but you can get them lined if you wish.

TN VOL

FNG
Prana zions when it's hot, Arborwear ascender pants for everything else. I've had some FL corrugate guide and obsidian pants that were quiet but they weren't durable enough to last more than 2 seasons.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
My FL. merino pants ,PNUMA tenacity is pretty quite and i like my columbia wool composite pants when its colder.

jd1006

WKR
For Sitka—Their stratus line is the most quiet…fanatic bibs are very quiet but HOT. If you can find their 90% pant…that was a great option for most of hunting season and pretty quiet. Early season…probably the ESW line is the best

Kuiu Attack or Kuiu Guide depending on the weight you need. They wear in to bowhunting quiet. I think you would need an old school treestand wool or fleece pant to get quieter.

Sidetrack,
If the sitka (T) tall pants aren't long enough for you what is? I'm 32x35 and sitka 32 T works for me.