Quiet pants!!

OP
Jaker_cc

Jaker_cc

WKR
I wear 35x36 blue jeans, and Sitka doesn’t fit true to size either. I’ve returned quite a few pairs that didn’t fit in the waist like advertised

Understandable. I was just curious what brand are you finding a longer inseam? Because I would give it a try myself.

prana zion, kuiu attacks or Tiburons and I have some Kuhl's but most of mine are more casual but they are quiet. I love the pranas and they are cheaper than all the "hunting" pants and just as or more durable. Ive worn them in some pretty crappy stuff and they just hold up...and I wear them almost every day to work to boot.

DmichaelD

FNG
I really like how quiet (and extremely comfortable) the first lite obsidians are. Unfortunately, like others said, they are not as durable as other options

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
Wrangler makes an outdoor pant that comes in several colors including earth tones. They are inexpensive and you can get them in various configurations of thigh pockets ect. Best of all Walmart has a couple of models for less then $25.00 I pretty much wear them all the time. Comparing them to my Sitka pants, there really is not much difference in breath ability, noise, and they fit good. They only thing the Wranglers do not have is waterproofing But you can use some spray, to help that out.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Wrangler Outdoor Zip Cargo Pocket Pants .... $20.00
These are comfy pants, and do pretty well in the AZ heat. I can't compare the Wranglers to any other expensive brands, but these are the pants I buy and wear for everything but church and court. I don't think of them as loud, but I don't archery hunt.

These are comfy pants, and do pretty well in the AZ heat. I can't compare the Wranglers to any other expensive brands, but these are the pants I buy and wear for everything but church and court. I don't think of them as loud, but I don't archery hunt.

Yeah, they're great pants. I wear them when guiding hunters in Alaska and when hunting in the Lower-48 during November, February and March. They're super quiet. And only $20.00 per pair ......

Prana zions when it's hot, Arborwear ascender pants for everything else. I've had some FL corrugate guide and obsidian pants that were quiet but they weren't durable enough to last more than 2 seasons.
Were the arborwear pants quiet?

Does anyone have experience with the Cabela's Microtex Classic pants? They seem to be well regarded back in the day then everyone hated the new design. Cabelas brought back the old ones and they seem pretty quiet. I currently have the First Lite Guide Lite pants but they are way too loud for Bow Hunting.

What model? I have the Renegade all-synthetic pants and would not consider them quiet. I also have the Rydr which are mostly cotton and they are extremely loud.
Agreed - the Kuhl carhartt style pants are probably the loudest pants I have ever worn until broken in, which takes about a year. They start being quiet when they're almost wore out

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my second pair of Day One pants in Cowboy Suede - as quiet as fleece? Loving them! Come unhemmed so a 36" inseam would be possible in my 30" waist pants.

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
First Lite Obsidian Foundry is a good option. Not going to be the most durable, though. Fjallraven makes a pant called the Barents Hunting line that could be a good option as well.
Those pants ripped on me the first day I used them. Horrible if you have any kind of brush to work through.

By far the quietest pants were a Merino pant made by firstlite. They aren't durable and the fit was pretty baggy but dang were they silent. Not sure if they have made them more durable or fixed the fit on them in recent years, or if they even make them anymore...

My go to now are Fjallraven Barents Pro pant. Not as quiet as those merino pants, but very durable and very well made. These Barents are still pretty quiet though and the fit is perfect for me.
I just looked up those Barents pro pants and there’s 2 models. The Hydratic pro says it’s “ Made from G-1000 Silent Eco fabric with a Hydratic liner that keeps rain out.”
Is that the one you have? The other Barents don’t mention the “silent eco fabric”.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I just looked up those Barents pro pants and there’s 2 models. The Hydratic pro says it’s “ Made from G-1000 Silent Eco fabric with a Hydratic liner that keeps rain out.”
Is that the one you have? The other Barents don’t mention the “silent eco fabric”.
I only really use the Barents for cold hunts now, Fjallraven makes a Vidda Pro Venitilated model now that I use 90% of the time. They aren't the quietest pant but I haven't had them blow any stalks yet. You really suffer in long lasting hunting pants when you go to "silent" materials. The G1000 eco that they use on these is extremely durable and completely water proof with their wax that they offer for the pants. Fit, finish, durability, and quality is unmatched in what I've used so far.

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Swazi bush pants for up here in AK, may be a little hot down there though. I've only been using them for a year, but they have worked out pretty well.