Rangefinder binoculars, are they worth it?

The release of the new leupold bx4 10x42 rangefinding binoculars has peaked my interest and has me looking more into range finding binoculars.
I like the idea of having one unit and eliminating a step and saving some time on a shot opportunity.
There are a few models that I've looked into in the $1500 and under range that seem pretty good.
Here are the models I'm considering:
bx4 10x42 rf
GPO rangeguide 10x32
Lecia geovid R 10x42 rf
Sig kilo6k hd 10x32
Vortex fury hd 10x42
Steiner predator lrf 10x42

Main questions are:
Are they it worth it?

Would I be better off getting better glass and a decent range finder for the same money?

Would the 10x32 leave me wanting and wishing for the 10x42?

Any input or personal experience with any of the above models would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Certainly see pros and cons to both. But one con would be your range finder is now tied to a specific bino set. Depending and what I’m hunting and where, I will bring one of three pair of binos, 8x, 10x, or 12x. Hunting, I pretty much always have binos with me (just not always the same pair) but, there are times outside of hunting where I just want to carry my rangefinder.

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
Personally I like the ability to upgrade glass or my rangefinder independently of eachother. Rangefinder tech is constantly being upgraded and I don’t know that I would want that integrated into a set of binos that also has to be upgraded. I know a few folks who have the sig 10k’s tho and really enjoy them but for me it makes more sense to keep the two separate.

OP
sbaker0029
Personally I like the ability to upgrade glass or my rangefinder independently of eachother. Rangefinder tech is constantly being upgraded and I don’t know that I would want that integrated into a set of binos that also has to be upgraded. I know a few folks who have the sig 10k’s tho and really enjoy them but for me it makes more sense to keep the two separate.
The sig range finding tech from what I've gathered is pretty great and superior to others but the glass is just not as good some of the higher end stuff. Those sig kilo10k look nice but definitely out of my price range.

I guess even with an alpha glass company you're not going to get that glass in a ranging model.

The rangefinder tech is constantly getting better just no leaps and bounds enough to for me to upgrade often.
Not sure what could or will come out in the rangefinding capabilities in any of those models that would make me want to upgrade

I think the easy option is both. It's just money, you can't take it with you.

I picked up a set of the vortex fury's specifically for the warranty and use them at matches and places they may get knocked over. I haven't decided if they will replace my 12x50s and standalone RF for hunting.

OP
sbaker0029
I think the easy option is both. It's just money, you can't take it with you.

I picked up a set of the vortex fury's specifically for the warranty and use them at matches and places they may get knocked over. I haven't decided if they will replace my 12x50s and standalone RF for hunting.
Do you like the fury's?
If you're using them for matches I guess they must work fairly well and take some abuse

Beendare

WKR
Leicas are fantastic.

I have buddies that love their rangefinding binoculars, I sold mine for what I paid for them seven years prior and went back to using two separate units as I find I like having the small unit on close in stalks.

its personal preference

I have had a pair of Leica 10x42 Geovids for 15yrs with zero problems. They are still my primary optic.
My oldest son bought himself the new version of the 10x42s last year.
I also bought a pair of 15x56 Geovids in 2020. They are awesome.
I love the combo. What’s nice is when you’re calling out yardage and sizing up with the 15s at the same time without switching.
Swaro makes a rangefinder bino that my hunting partner uses. They are very nice as well.

arrow179

WKR
I had both the Leica HD-B2000 & newer Zeiss RF in 10x42. Super glass in both but ultimately decided I prefer separate units. Sold both and bought a pair of Swaro NL’s and a Leica rangefinder. I don’t plan on going back anytime soon! They both go with me in a Marsupial harness every time I go out to hunt. Other than my weapon my binos are the one item I would walk back to the truck to get if I forgot them.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I love my fury’s, they do lack glass quality over similar priced binos, but the rangefinder is phenomenal and it’s nice having the two in one package. They range really well in all conditions except heavy rain and thick fog

Lwarner03

FNG
First, whatever you do get the x42 not the x32.
Having said that, I had all the same questions you do and I resisted the range binos because the warranty on the electronics seemed weak and I if the laser crapped out I’d just have heavy binos…
I finally swapped my old Swaros for new Leica 3200.com and I’m not sorry.
I range things much more often because it’s so convenient and I think it’s improved my sense of distances in general and also my awareness of environment I might find myself shooting in.
I don’t know the features of all the various options but I also find myself appreciating the ability to link my ballistics to the binos and get a firing solution directly from bino.
If you’re considering a product with that feature, it’s nice.
Regardless of what you decide I’d recommend against getting anything 10x32. Strongly suggest you stick with at least a 42 mil obj lens.

handwerk

WKR
I have been using RF binos ( mostly Leica Geovids ) for at least 15 years and being a rifle hunter I don't see going back to sperate units.
I have other top tier binos I use for non hunting needs and when I compare there is very minor optical difference between the two..... for me it is well worth it to carry /use one tool vs. two.