Which Swarovski binoculars

Hunter53

FNG
First off I am a new member and it looks like this site has a wealth of information. I am looking forward to being on here. Hopefully what I am asking hasn't been totally beat to death before.

Trying to decide what binoculars to get.
Ones I am looking at are........
12x42 NL pure with some accessories for $3100
10x42 EL for $2000
10x42 EL Range with tracking assistant for $3500
10x42 EL Range field pro package for $3000

Is there a huge difference in optics between the EL and NL's?
Is the tracking assistant really worth the extra $'s?
I already have a range finder so not sure if getting the range finding binoculars is worth the extra cost?

If those were your choices which would you go with and why?

OP
Hunter53

Hunter53

FNG
Sounds like I should rule out the range finding ones then.
Is there a huge difference in optics between the regular EL and NL's?

I think you need to spell out your intended use case and budget.

In general, buy the best you can afford.

The desired use case is glassing open country or tight timber? A do it all pair that you keep strapped at all times?

Decide what magnification is best and then buy what you can afford.

OP
Hunter53

Hunter53

FNG
I would be using them for everything. I am just starting to be able to go west for antelope and elk hunting. I will also be using them for deer hunting here in Nebraska both in the timber and open country. Also would use them when coyote hunting in open country.

parshal

WKR
I like the ergonomics of the NL over the EL. I've had/have both. The NL has a wider FOV of view with higher power.

I've seen so many EL Range binos go down in comps there's no way I'd ever own pair even if they were given to me.

OP
Hunter53

Hunter53

FNG
Forgot to say I like both 12 and 10 power so I am ok with either.

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
Rangefinder technology changes and continually gets better. I wouldn't want rangefinding as part of my bino package. I like the idea of one unit, but like some others say the plain binos have slightly better optics.

JGRaider

WKR
I'd never personally choose a 12x binocular as a general, all purpose bino. The 10x42 EL's are superb, and would be my pick. I don't see that the $$$ difference is worth it to jump up to the NL.

parshal

WKR
I noticed rolling ball in my ELs but only when I was moving them relatively quickly. General glassing it wasn't noticeable. Some folks see it and some do not. I had to look for it but could see it.

I have the Geovid Pro as well and the glass is great in those. Is it NL Pure? Not exactly but they're close and a fantastic all round bino. Unless you have the NL and Geovid Pro on tripods side by side for long glassing sessions you really won't notice a difference.

I had two buddies who don't own high-end optics try the 8x32 Geovid Pro side by side with the 8x42 NL. They could tell a difference but it wasn't something that would keep them from buying Pro with the RF.

I really don't use my NL 12's often but, when I do, I love them. So bright and a huge FOV.

OP
Hunter53

Hunter53

FNG
Thanks everyone for the input!
While I have spent money on scopes ( razors and nightforce atacr’s) and my guns including a couple custom builds; I have been too cheap to buy good binoculars. I am still using an old pair of steiner predators. LOL. So it will be a huge jump for me.

OP
Hunter53

Hunter53

FNG
I had thought about vortex uhd’s but figured if I was going to spend that much I had just as well go all the way so I don’t want to upgrade again for quite awhile.