Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this is been covered as I didn’t read all previous 24 pages has anyone received clarification if the Covid vaccine is going to be a yearly thing or if it’s one and done?

BBob

WKR
I've had both shots. Moderna. 1st one 36hrs later bad but not severe muscle aches and joint pain. Slept it off in about 6hrs. Arm was extremely sore like the rotator cuff was blown. Couldn't lift arm above shoulder height for 4-5 days. Took about 3 weeks for arm to get back to normal. 2nd one about 6hrs later very severe muscle aches and joint pain. Severe chills, headache and nausea. The more severe symptoms lasted about 8 hrs and was mostly in bed for 36hrs total. Arm was just slightly sore on this one. Took about 4 weeks to feel normal again and for exercise to get back on pace to normal. My symptoms just about mirror a friend of same age that actually had Covid. From what I gather my reaction wasn't uncommon but on the extreme side. Would I do it again? Probably, it was a pain in the a** but it's over and done.

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
I apologize if this is been covered as I didn’t read all previous 24 pages has anyone received clarification if the Covid vaccine is going to be a yearly thing or if it’s one and done?
They don't know for sure but realistically a booster shot will likely be needed. Whether it's a yearly like the current flu shot or not is the question.

LaGriz

WKR
"Good lord guys, can we stay on topic? I'm ready to start a new 'vaccine' thread.

I got first shot Feb 28th--Moderna--and second shot yesterday.
So far so good. Sore arm, wee bit of insomnia and a completed card stating that wife (fully vaxed) and I can get out there and travel etc."

Proposed Vaccine Passports ?

I got both shots of the Moderna. I'm not anti-vaccination. I do however, support anyone's right not to get one. They are after all, only recently approved as an "emergency authorization" and IMHO, If a person feels he/she is not high risk, its that individual's call. Our elected leaders should not do one thing to pressure anyone to inject them selves with any such vaccine.

On talk radio, I heard a politician say that we all need a "Vaccine Passport" and folks that refuse to to participate will get tired of being excluded of the rights and privilege's enjoyed by those that comply. The guy says this will leverage the uninformed ( Boomer Rubes, Deplorables, Maroons) to comply and will help end this Pandemic sooner.

I don't want a local, state or federal bureaucrat trying to force or leverage me into taking any injection of any kind. This is a form of government overreach that I find intolerable.

I'm also deeply against a "Mileage Tax" hat would lead to tracking of our Citizens comings and goings.

It seems that taking ones liberty and limiting individual freedom, is always the Go too plan of this latest batch of lawmakers. They need to understand that they work for us the American Taxpayers. Call them out regardless of party,. Let us not become a sheep!

LaGriz

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I'd agree with the above; let folks do their own risk assessment and make their own decision.

What I do see though is countries saying no entry unless vaccinated, can't say that I would blame them too much.

OP
OutdoorsMD

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
As the original poster, I new this thread would generate some reaction and discussion. However I didn’t quite predict it would be close to 500 posts. I honestly just wanted to share my opinion as a physician and one of first people vaccinated for those interested. I have followed it along very closely and appreciate all the opinions, even though I may disagree with some. I appreciate everyone who has posted replies and shared their opinions and experiences as well and glad this thread is still going strong (and hasn’t been shut down). Now four months post vaccine, I feel fine and havent contracted COVID. Everyone on rokslide shares a common bond but it is our differences that make this forum unique and worth being a member of.

Last edited:

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
Got my 1st shot, Moderna, last week. Only issue has been a sore shoulder.

I travel internationally for work and pleasure and have received vaccines for many items such as Hepatitis A&B,
Japanese Encephalitis, Meningitis, Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis), Cholera, etc. If your worried about side effects of the covid vaccine, take a look at any of the normal everyday products you use, even aspirin & toothpaste have significant side effects.

I think if you are going to travel outside of the US to hunt this fall, you will need a covid vaccination card.

homers

WKR
Follow the money, in this case billions of dollars in new revenue annually. Of course the pharmaceutical companies are going to lobby the case for booster or annual shots.

NoWiser

WKR
I get my first dose, Pfizer, tomorrow. I've never been more excited to get a needle stuck in my arm. I'm headed to Florida with my family at the end of April and I really wanted significant protection before the trip, which I'll have. My wife has been fully vaccinated for a couple months now.

fwafwow

WKR
Wife got first shot of Pfizer on Sunday and apart from some slight pain that evening in her arm (which even she debated whether it was perceived or real), she's had no symptoms. I'm currently checking online for the J&J in the area, but at the moment it's tough to find.

NDGuy

WKR
Wife got first shot of Pfizer on Sunday and apart from some slight pain that evening in her arm (which even she debated whether it was perceived or real), she's had no symptoms. I'm currently checking online for the J&J in the area, but at the moment it's tough to find.
Welcome Komrades! Her neural 5G network implant should kick in soon.

fwafwow

WKR
Hey fellers, I believe I've isolated a source of potential bias in this thread.

If one gets the vaccine and is too sick to post or dies, how do we know? It seems this thread is designed to give only positive feedback on the vaccine.
Valid point. Similar to the “Post pics of the Elk you didn’t harvest” threads we don’t see too often.

fwiw, I’ve got two friends who have had side effects (minor) from J&J - including one who previously had Covid.

NDGuy

WKR

If one gets the vaccine and is too sick to post or dies, how do we know? It seems this thread is designed to give only positive feedback on the vaccine.
I admit I laughed at this lol

Damned anecdotal evidence!

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I am not too exited about this vaccine.

They passed a law that you cannot sue the vaccine companies if you have any complications from it. Like paralysis, sterility etc. These vaccines have no long term testing. Thats no bueno. This MRNA vaccine makes your own body produce the antigen and then it attacks it. From my understanding this is different from all previous vaccines. My fear is that in the long run we might have some serious auto immune diseases from the body attacking itself because it is producing the antigen. I could see this not doing what they think it will.

I am also a christian and its a personal ethical issue but they use stem cells from an aborted baby in the 70's. They can now get stem cells from umbilical cords so they should. I know most people don't care about that issue but I do.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider

If I get the shot and die, I'm going to put in my will that they have to update rockslide

Fatcamp

WKR
My 12 year old has covid. Scouting trip cancelled and house on lockdown.

My wife lost a classmate to covid last week. 48 years old, veteran, active in VFW, respected in the community. First in her class to die.

Please get your covid vaccine when you can. I have a few healthy friends who have been stuck with long term health problems after getting the virus. They were in their mid 30's with no underlying health conditions and are now "long haulers" needing oxygen 3 months later to walk a flight of stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.