Recommend me a hunting pants with knee pads.

You may also want to consider if the pants have a ventilating zipper and mesh backing to keep debris out.

Atttack:Mode,
Many thanks for your message.
How do you find the fit of the KUIU Talus trousers?

Thanks
Glendine.
I wear a size 32x30 pant. I also wear the Talus in a 32. I have room for my airbase base layer and an additional second thin layer (peloton 97/Polartec Power Grid/etc) with a little extra room. I could not fit a pair of puffy pants comfortably. I only use them for active hunting or scouting so a thicker second layer isn't needed. The waist is spot on and if I needed to layer more I would size up.

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
Catch and Release Camo just released the pants w/ knee pads for $110. They are a newer company out of Idaho. Customer service is top notch. The gear is affordable and well built. The clothing is manufactured in China.

jimh406

WKR
I see some uses for padding, but how do you keep from wearing out your pants (likely more expensive) if you are sliding on your knees. If you are barely on your knees is that really necessary? Aren’t they also hot in warmer weather?

It seems to me that the pads should be on the outside of the pants like pucks for motorcycle road racing attached with Velcro or similar if you will be sliding on your knees.

What am I missing/overlooking?

madcalfe

WKR
I see some uses for padding, but how do you keep from wearing out your pants (likely more expensive) if you are sliding on your knees. If you are barely on your knees is that really necessary? Aren’t they also hot in warmer weather?

It seems to me that the pads should be on the outside of the pants like pucks for motorcycle road racing attached with Velcro or similar if you will be sliding on your knees.

What am I missing/overlooking?
all kuiu pants the knee pads are sewn onto the outside. and others that were mentioned usually have removeable pads. The knee pads are just on there to help when kneeling on gravel or rocks.... lol I don't think anyone is "sliding" in their hunting pants lmao

WA209

FNG
Budget style… wrangler atg pants, sew in a U shaped pocket. Slide in two layers of one of your wife’s old yoga mats with double sided Velcro facing out to hold them together and in place.

npro04

Lil-Rokslider
I run the kryptek alaios pants and dad uses the sitka mountain pants. Neither are perfect but both are pretty good at being a good do all pant.

jd1006

WKR
Corrugate Foundry from First Lite w/ removable knee pads. Awesome pants, very versatile - can go from 75 degrees to 15 degrees due to the side vents and the waterproof seat and lower leg. Suspenders are genius…attach on the sides and don’t interfere with a backpack.

For anything cold, I like the Kuiu Talus Hybrid. They have a more athletic fit, but they cut wind, have low profile knee pads, and waterproof in the seat and lower leg with a micro fleece backing.

Non-hunting - I like the Fjallraven Keb Trouser, they have a pocket for knee pads that you buy separately.

Dobermann

WKR
UF Pro also have a couple of options that take knee pads - don't go for the their top-level "tactical" pants, but check out the more low-key options. Great pants.

Trial153

WKR
I got a set of timberlines that have couple hundred days bow hunting on them at least, and they have tons of life left in them. I have used the knee pads often. They are solid

OP
Glendine

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Many thanks to everyone for your responses and help.

Regards,
Glendine.

I’ve been running the Kuiu pro pant. No problems so far just be sure to order 1-2 size up on the waist if you go this route

naternate

FNG
Got a pair of Pnuma tenacity pants on Camofire. Gave them a good workout scouting in the swamp yesterday. They are an awesome pair of pant. Very comfortable and did MUCH better in the prickers/thorns than I was expecting from a light pant. I usually wear brush pant but I think they won’t be needed anymore. They also have removable knee pads. Pnuma updated to a different pant but I am sure they kept the quality. Very well built and thought out pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt79

Lil-Rokslider
I have the timberlines also. I have 2 pairs and zero issues w either pair. I did upsize for more comfy fit.