Stalking pants with knee pads

Bandersen

FNG
For the ever f#$&ing love of god, does anyone have a recommendation for quiet, knee padded, semi warm with heat vent zippered pants? I’m game to alter something that doesn’t have knee pads built in if anyone has successfully done that. Thanks!

Wildgame

FNG
100% with you...can't find one.

I will tell you that the best deal in the market with leg zippers but no knee padding is the Under Armour ridge reaper.
If I knew anything about sawing, those are the pants I would be altering.

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how warm you need them but these new ones check all the other boxes. I want to try these out for early bow season.

Not sure how warm you need them but these new ones check all the other boxes. I want to try these out for early bow season.
Thanks!
Please write a review! :cool:

They sound great. We hunt in warmer temps (no snow). Anyone know if they are cool in 70-80F temps?

I don't think these are exactly what you're looking for, but you could check out the Crye field pants or combat pants. They both accept knee pads, with the combat pants being external and field pants being internal

*zap*

WKR
As far a knee pad pants go the best I have found are military combat pants, no vents thou.

Over the pant there are a few pads which may be good for you. arcteryx knee cap protectors and black diamond telekenis...

Jaquomo

WKR
Core4elemnt made some good quiet pants, glad I bought several over the years before Easton cancelled them.
Yep, me too. The lightly insulated ones with the inside crotch zippers are excellent for cooler weather, and the removable knee pads are very comfortable. Glad I bought three pairs of different weights. Black Ovis may still have some if they are still in business.

OP
Bandersen

Bandersen

FNG
100% with you...can't find one.

I will tell you that the best deal in the market with leg zippers but no knee padding is the Under Armour ridge reaper.
If I knew anything about sawing, those are the pants I would be altering.
Was looking into fabric glue last night. I’m not a seamstress either but curious if that’d work, might have to try on a cheap pair of pants. Been interested in those ridge reapers though! They’re pretty quiet?

OP
Bandersen

Bandersen

FNG
Sitka Timberline pants have external knee covering, and removable internal knee pads. They also have suspenders. I have two pair and really like them.
Love it. How’s the noise when they rub together?
Thanks!
Please write a review! :cool:
Those look pretty good. I have the first lite zip off long johns(zipper runs full length) do you think I’d be able to take those off through the heat vents?

Bluumoon

WKR
Fjallraven Keb trousers maybe? Maybe a little too warm for early season. Hip and lower leg zips, stretchy where needed, canvas like material in wear areas that can be waxed to make water resistant.

Find a used pair or a discount.

For the ever f#$&ing love of god, does anyone have a recommendation for quiet, knee padded, semi warm with heat vent zippered pants? I’m game to alter something that doesn’t have knee pads built in if anyone has successfully done that. Thanks!
I love my King's preacher pants

Idaboy

WKR
Love it. How’s the noise when they rub together?

Those look pretty good. I have the first lite zip off long johns(zipper runs full length) do you think I’d be able to take those off through the heat vents?
The Timberlines are awesome, quiet enough for me...they do not have vents and are heavier/warmer, if it's over 60 and you are moving you will heat up..... I am switching to the Apex and may modify the Apex to beef them up....have not modified the Timberlines but if Sitka would just put in some damn vents....so many other companies do this, I love Sitka gear but it seems like they are too bullheaded to adopt features that other companies integrated in products first....looks like they FINALLY did with the updated Integrate!