Stalking pants with knee pads

HenDawg3

FNG
Ya the Timberlines are my go to Pants as well. You wouldn’t think as much but the reinforced waterproof patches in the knees and butt are so amazing if doing some stalking in rain or snow or just glassing in moisture. I also like the pocket configuration and the suspenders. They would be perfect with some vents.

Beendare

WKR
My take: I have a Kuiu and sitka set with knee pads and they are a PITA. Knee pads arent in the right spot…..AND they rub on your knees all day long.

I much prefer a cheap set of Home Depot kneepads in my pack for when I need them

T-town

FNG
Are the Kuiu and First Lite knee pad pants too noisy? Haven't hunted in any yet, but tried some on for fit. Never had to worry about a "swoosh" sound with cotton pants, but these newer materials sure do feel nice and moisture wicking is great compared to cotton.

IAMRAJ

Lil-Rokslider
My take: I have a Kuiu and sitka set with knee pads and they are a PITA. Knee pads arent in the right spot…..AND they rub on your knees all day long.

I much prefer a cheap set of Home Depot kneepads in my pack for when I need them
Exactly...I've kuiu pants and my take us exactly same. They rub on the inside on knees all the time and quiet honestly.. besides that you won't fray the fabric since its that grey coarse patch...it doesn't provide cushion at all...none..whatsoever. I did the same thing, keep the green cheap rubber foamy kneepads from homedepot in my back pack....one for myself and my son keeps the same in his pack. I like most of kuiu stuff but its hard for me to comprehend that what purpose they serve besides no fraying of fabric in that area. No cushion at all. I miss those old core something pants with removable knee pads and those were some thick knee pads.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Used Pnuma pants the last few years in NM and WY and have been very happy. Knee pads are easy to insert and remove and have held up over the years.

Look at the Duluth fire hose pants they can be had with removable knee pads, first time wearing them was last October hunting Antelope they worked great. Easy to insert and remove the pads and they stay in place.

ndfb35

FNG
After many miles in the Sitka Intercept pant they are my favorite pant if there is no snow. They are quieter than the Timberline and the knee pads Sitka came out with last year are much better than previous models.

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
I use both these pants as they have Knee pads and Side Zips.

First Lite: Foundry pants
Stone Glacier: De Haviland pants

I also got a local seamstress to install knee pad pockets in my Harkila pants it wasn't expensive and has given new life to an excellent pair of pants

Regards,
Glendine.

Boone-In-Wall

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Kuiu Pro Pant. I have had them for about 4 years. I have worn them in 70 deg Sept Elk hunting and 15 deg Nov MD hunt (w/ base layer of course). The knee pads do not get in the way when hiking...at all. They don't run as warm as the Kuiu Attack pants. I have a pair of Attack pants I wear casually and I can't wear them past April. Honestly, I didn't realize how much I needed knee pads when you camp on the ground for days at a time. I would highly recommend them.

chasewild

WKR
I use both these pants as they have Knee pads and Side Zips.

First Lite: Foundry pants
Stone Glacier: De Haviland pants

I also got a local seamstress to install knee pad pockets in my Harkila pants it wasn't expensive and has given new life to an excellent pair of pants

Regards,
Glendine.
Interesting. I'd never heard of them. What model?

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I've spent a lot of time on my knees stalking bucks, AZ, UT, WA.
The problem with any pants with knee pads built-in is that fabric is on the outside. That fabric is going to fray, tear, pill and otherwise holes, gashes from abrasion.
Wore out fabric covering the knee areas on 2 pairs of Sitka Mountain pants. The Timberlines, not so bad but wear does occur on that fabric too.

Now I use an external knee pad, the Arcteryx brand. EZ on, EZ off, only when I need them.

After many miles in the Sitka Intercept pant they are my favorite pant if there is no snow. They are quieter than the Timberline and the knee pads Sitka came out with last year are much better than previous models.
I’ve not heard of those! Are they heavy weight like the timberline?