Recommend me a NM Outfitter

tracker12

WKR
Looking to apply for Elk in NM thru the Outfitter draw. Any recommendations?

Also can you apply thru the outfitter draw for one species and just random draw for another species.

Last edited:

j_volt

WKR
Do not hesitate to hunt with Chris at Compass West. It is a legit outfit.
I hunted with them last year on a rifle elk hunt, and couldn't have been more pleased.

I will also vote for Chris Guikema at Compass West Outfitters. Haven't hunted with him yet, but once I grab a tag, that's who I'll use. Anytime I talk to Chris it just feels "right".

Riplip

WKR
I will also vote for Chris Guikema at Compass West Outfitters. Haven't hunted with him yet, but once I grab a tag, that's who I'll use. Anytime I talk to Chris it just feels "right".
I have hunted with Compass and Chris did not really care for Chris or his operation. Not going to bash him on the forum, but I would not go back. I will say that they do kill some nice bulls.

We hunted with Gila Apache outfitters out of reserve NM in 2022 WORST TRIP EVER

I've spoken to David Silva a few times. Seemed like a straight up guy, but crazy expensive. Not that drawing 16a is happening again. Was he hard to deal with ? I saw plenty of wolves in 16a. Very few Elk..

I've spoken to David Silva a few times. Seemed like a straight up guy, but crazy expensive. Not that drawing 16a is happening again. Was he hard to deal with ? I saw plenty of wolves in 16a. Very few Elk..
He seems like a douchebag: