Red dot help

Druew368

FNG
Hey folks. I bout a Romeo zero and installed it and it was fine. Now for some reason there’s a starburst kind of image surrounding the red dot. Tried cleaning it and turning down the brightness and nothing. Any ideas? Thanks

Any recent changes to your vision, especially at night with oncoming traffic? Were you looking through the lens with different eyewear/glasses before? If you were wearing shooting glasses the optical clarity of the lens or even the top of the lens vs the center could also potentially cause that effect.

If none of these are applicable and cleaning or reducing the brightness setting doesn't help, it might be time to contact the manufacturer.

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
I have seen this in a cheapish red dot before. It was an intermittent problem, but it was bad enough to be unusable some of the time. I wouldn't have expected Sig to have that problem.

Certain red dots are more prone to this, especially if you have an astigmatism. Try looking through another red dot and see if it does the same thing. May be your eye, not the dot.

10ptr

FNG
Hey folks. I bout a Romeo zero and installed it and it was fine. Now for some reason there’s a starburst kind of image surrounding the red dot. Tried cleaning it and turning down the brightness and nothing. Any ideas? Thanks
I have the same one and it’s a decent product. As others have suggested it’s your astigmatism.

SloppyJ

WKR
I think it's your eyes bro. Green helps me as well as turning it down.