red dot scope or holographic sight for new shooters????

Putting together a 223 for a deer hunting rifle for a couple of my kids. Shots will be inside of 50 yards. I am thinking that "eye box" and eye relief will be easier to deal with on this type of sight compared to a rifle scope.

It is hard with several different age kids to make length of pull and scope eye relief work with a regular scope.........would one of these be better?

I have zero experience with these sights.

Blue72

WKR
Just get a bunch of sig Romeo 5’s. They are affordable, simple, rugged, reliable, and have a proven track record

I wish I started my kids on red dots. It would have simplified learning the fundamentals and make shooting more fun…..plus there is room to grow their shooting skills out to 400 yards using chest, head, hat technique

OP
B
Just get a bunch of sig Romeo 5’s. They are affordable, simple, rugged, reliable, and have a proven track record

I wish I started my kids on red dots. It would have simplified learning the fundamentals and make shooting more fun…..plus there is room to grow their shooting skills out to 400 yards using chest, head, hat technique
Thank you. I will take a look at those.

How are they as far as head positioning and eye relief?

Blue72

WKR
Thank you. I will take a look at those.

How are they as far as head positioning and eye relief?
The beauty of red dots is that they have unlimited eye relief. Even if your kid is not mounted on the gun right, as long as the red dot is on the target, point of aim will always be point of impact

there are low and high mounts for the Romeo 5 and everything in between. If you are using sporter rifles. You probably want the low mount.

My daughter's 22lr AR started life with a Trijicon MRO on it. Super forgiving and easy to learn on.

Any red dot with an appropriate mount height will be similar, and for a hunting application you don't have to sweat battery life as much.