REI Magma 15 vs Kuiu super down pro 15

Looking at getting a new bag and one with a colder rating. The REI Magma 15 is 1lb 12 oz and 400 bucks. The Kuiu super down pro 15 is 1lb 15oz and 660 bucks. Has anyone used the REI and felt the need to upgrade to the Kuiu? Other than being super cool when you sleep in a Kuiu bag what would the advantage be for the extra 260 bucks ?

I haven’t looked in a while but if I remember right, there was a difference in the down. Not a tremendous difference but there was a difference. Is it a $260 difference?? 🤷🏻

I have the KUIU but in the 0 degree bag, and I really like it. It’s very roomy and comfortable. I also thought the size specs on the KUIU were a little bigger than the rei bag. Again this is going off my memory when I compared these two heavily.

OP
S
Thanks for the info. I was going to pair with the Thermarest Neoair womens pad. I’m only 5’7” and a side sleeper so it should be just about perfect.

Not sure I want to spend the extra coin for the kuiu.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Slimmer fit on the REI bag for sure. Some people like being constricted in their sleep, some don't. It's your money and sleep.

Matt G.

WKR
If I remember right the woman's long is same as mens regular but more fill. Width maybe slightly smaller.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
I have a magma 15. I found it to be high quality, fairly packable, and at $300 2 years ago, good value. I've used it with a neoair xtherm when it was 20 degrees outside and i was super toasty. I wouldn't be afraid to camp at 0 degrees with that combo.

If you get the magna, I highly recommend becoming an rei member and getting 10% off their whole store. Lifetime membership is one time$20 fee.

OP
S
Nice! That’s the review I was hoping for. I’m a member and almost bought both during the Memorial Day sale but didn’t. Missed out on like 200 bucks savings.

I have the REI magma in a regular length. For the price point i think its comparable with WM or any other high end bag. i have been in mine down to 17 degrees,but that again is with a X therm under it . Its light packs super small. It was like 279.00 just a couple weeks ago when REI had their anniversary sale. My original magma was 3 years old so during the sale I bought a new one.

Jim Lahey

FNG
Been pretty disappointed with everything REI. Support is non existent unless you are close to a store