Reloading table and location

sdupontjr

WKR
Starting to get into reloading after a long talk with a buddy of mine. Yes, yes I know times are really difficult getting items, but I did manage to get a Hornady Lock N Load kit which will at least get me started and can add as needed. I have a room in my house the wife calls "game room". Its not big, about 10' x 10'. The CPU is in there and other crap.

I'm debating on building a small table in here which will only be about 2'x4' with shelves with doors. That way I can close the doors and won't have to hear it. It would look like any other piece of furniture. OR I have a 30' x 60' shop, insulated walls and could build whatever I want out in there. I just finished my bathroom and countertop area for processing and cooking.

The only problem is my shop doesn't have AC or heat, YET. Not sure when I'll get it but I would like to get something just to knock down the humidity. That being said, The humidity here in south Louisiana can get as thick as pea soup. Is or would there be a problem with building it in my shop and having the powder and primers out there with no climate control?

bbrown

WKR
Also curious about storing reloading supplies in a mostly unconditioned space. Not much humidity here and doesn’t get too hot but temp swings can be something.

I just built a small mezzanine (12’x16’) in my shop here in Colorado and currently building it out mainly for reloading and building arrows but maybe a mini archery shop eventually.

5C4D934C-2CF0-4D17-BD82-BA612C7B7DFD.jpeg
A3150943-0F7B-432A-A9C0-DBC41F506D4D.jpeg
Reloading bench in progress - corner bench should allow for plenty of room with storage on the shelves above and below.

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
I'd store the powder and primers in the house. Storing them in areas of high humidity and temperature swings isn't optimum.

You don't need a ton of room to do basic reloading. I used to do a bit in my recliner while watching TV - using a Lee "nutcracker" hand press. Now I have whatever room I can clear on a work bench - press goes in a vice...

You've got a lot more room and options than I do for sure.

accuracy

FNG
Id just make sure the table that you are going to mount it on is thick and sturdy. Sometimes primers don't want to be pushed in or removed easily depending on the case. especially if its crimped